Blyton

An interesting development happened to me a Bylton. On the way home I noticed that I had a vibration coming from the front. worried that I had damaged to brakes or discs I checked things over. Even although my front wheel nuts were torqued up to Toyota recommendations all ten were only finger tight. The more than normal massive forces placed by track driving on the front wheels must hve been enough to loosen the nuts causing the vibration. This had never happened to me before. I'm upping the torque settings next time.

So if you have not checked over your car by now do so.

That is a strange one David, I just did mine as I always do, FT (fcking tight) and they seem fine. My only issue from the weekend is a spongy brake pedal but I will just change the fluid this weekend

My brakes did not do as well as I would have hoped. MTEC grooved and Red Stuff all around with Dot 5.1

After the sixth lap at full track speeds I was starting to find fade and needed to increase my braking distace by a good 10 m. That's when I changed my driving style from smooth racing to slam, Norweigen flick and drift. Amazing technique for a circuit, disconcerting for the passengers.

mine where also loose but i have alloy nutts so the heat must have caused them to loosen

my only other issue is my car wouldn't go fast enough :(

It will when the Beams is lowered in.

My brakes did not do as well as I would have hoped. MTEC grooved and Red Stuff all around with Dot 5.1 After the sixth lap at full track speeds I was starting to find fade and needed to increase my braking distace by a good 10 m. That's when I changed my driving style from smooth racing to slam, Norweigen flick and drift. Amazing technique for a circuit, disconcerting for the passengers. It will when the Beams is lowered in.

It wasn't disconcerting for me, and we had the wet laps too haha, I thought it was great fun feeling it drift out of the bends.

Norweigen flick and drift. Amazing technique for a circuit, disconcerting for the passengers.

It will when the Beams is lowered in.

beams will probably give me much more usable power.

also i loved my passenger ride :thumbs: dont think your ASP liked it though :D

Meant to check mine before I left Blyton, did check them at the hotel next day and all were fine, had enough bits falling off the car that weekend....

Brakes are also very spongey and probably due to tiny ST front left, pulls a bit funny now!!

Good call David!

pulls generally or under braking?

brakes were never as strong as I am used to (drove the Mazda yesterday and hit the pedal like I do in the Celica, nearly went out the windscreen!!) but they are a lot weaker than even they were, thinking I could have cooked the fluid? (level is still ok) goes a bit flighty on heavy braking now, but that could be down to the roads around here, was ok in Englandshire.

once I get 'real' caliper and hub on I can reassess (will need to bleed again then anyhew!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.