seat refurb ( info reqd.)

in the process of having my t sport seats refurbed, passenger side all zips are broken and drivers side bolsters need replacing. got some leather courtesy of nthn munky, and will be around £70.00 for the job. the bolster replacing is around £50.00 if anyone else is considering this. the refurber says the leather can be matched with some MG leather he has, the grain is very similar and looks a good match.

now the dumb question. seats need to be removed but the job can be done in the day. BUT. is there anything i should be wary of when removing the seat, any hidden clips or anything that can snap off.

thanks in advance for feedback.

4 x 14mm bolts per seat matey & the airbag connector is underneath. One of my front bolts was a right pain in the testes to get out though, so it's worth making sure you can get all 8 out well in advance.

Edited by J03

4 x 14mm bolts per seat matey & the airbag connector is underneath. One of my front bolts was a right pain in the testes to get out though, so it's worth making sure you can get all 8 out well in advance.

cheers , busy working again joe, ( can u link me the drop links i will need for the springs mate. )

cheers , busy working again joe, ( can u link me the drop links i will need for the springs mate. )

Karma's a bitch, for spending Tuesday in the sun I've been graced with a 10 bog visits per day tummy bug :D Wonderful.

Here's the link mate ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CELICA-1999-2008-FRONT-REAR-Stabilizer-Drop-Links-x-4-/290460652976

ha ha. i am currently ignoring my phone cos i dont wanna set off back out, and everyone is going nuts queuing up at the petrol stations.

I'm dreading going tomorrow, hoping everyone will have had their fill by the end of today. Numpties!

Going back to the seats, if you do have problems with any of the bolts & a few get mullered, I have the Toyota part number here.

Edited by J03

J03 can you post up the part number please, my bolts are fixed in place and I can't undo them, wrecking the bolt trying so I stopped until I had ordered more

Sure thing: T90119-W0180 @ £1.39 each ;)

I had to smash a 13mm socket onto the one that wouldn't budge, don't think we had a set of mole grips to hand at the time.

Edited by J03

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.