trouble getting into gears

thanks Adam :lol:

i'm pretty sure I'm pressing the clutch in. that's the middle pedal, right?

nah bruv its the left one init ;)

maybe it's cos i'm short and can't push the clutch in all the way? :wacko::P

Lol there's your problem :thumbs:

nah bruv its the left one init ;)

ah, so that crunching and grinding sound isn't normal then?

only, all my cars have made it when trying to change gears... :P

Well, I've ordered the new knob and got a custom shift pattern decal to stick on the plastics too seeing as it doesn't have the shift pattern on the knob itself :D

Hopefully it'll look awesome and make a big difference.... *fingers crossed*

Big knobs always make a difference, dude.

Don't listen to nun 'o dem hoes who say "size don't matter brah". That's like saying you'll choose personality over looks. I'd rather wake up next to a looker who's got the personality of a wall than a complete dog who makes me chuckle from time to time :lol:

Time for my meds I think.

Edited by dr3bin

well I didn't get a chance to go out for a drive last night, but I did fit the new Razo knob.

I've gotta say that just shifting into reverse on the driveway is sooooo much easier with the extra height of the knob!

I'm not entirely sure how it will affect shifting on the move with the extra height, and the more phallic-shaped knob, compared to the small ball-shaped Auris knob, but I'm sure it'll take a little getting used to and hopefully provide a more positive shift.

I'm also not sure if it'll completely negate the point of the shortshifter either, as the distance below the pivot point of the gearstick is still shorter than stock... it's just the length of the leverage above the pivot that has increased... so i suppose your hand has to move futher to provide the same movement as before with the smaller knob... but then i'm guessing it's still shorter than the movement required with the stock shifter.

maybe... I dunno.

Will road-test tomorrow.

Meantime, pics:

Stock shifter

DSC02156.jpg

Shortshifter with Auris knob

DSC04171.jpg

Razo (I'll be tidying up the Halek ring shortly...)

DSC04473.jpg

DSC04475.jpg

Edited by InsolentMinx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.