diy wheel refurb kit

I thought you had them done at Cas coatings?

bought some gt wheels, need a bit of a touch up,

What is included in a kit??

All you need is primer, paint and laquer

think they need a bit of alloy filler

Just buy some chemical metal or body filler, that is all i have ever used

Certainly worth pricing up the difference between the 2

The only thing that would worry me about a kit is if you need another can of colour, would you need to buy a whole new kit, if you bought seperately you can choose any colour and just buy what you need when you need

Ahh right, you are talking a repair kit rather than a full on refurb kit, i was going to say you would never have enough paint to refurb 4 wheels :lol:

How do you colour match that to your wheels though as there is more than one shade of silver, and there is no primer either in that kit

If you are looking at just repairing any damage, i would seriously consider getting it done professionally as there is little to no change the colour in any kit you buy will be the same as the wheels and will most likely make your wheels look 10 times worse

Either that or just get them redone entirely, i had my old wheels shot blasted and powdercoated for £30 a wheel and they came out looking as good (if not even better) than new

Not quite sure how that would work. As Rich says, you'll be dead lucky if you get a paint to match the existing colour.

As for filling scratches/kerb marks ... I agree with Rich there too. Chemical Metal is good, but regular body filler works fine too. Both are easy to sand down, too.

I'm in the middle of doing (another - 5th on this car!) set of wheels just now. This time I've taken a bit of time over it - usually I get them primed, painted and lacquered pretty much all the same day. This time I've left primer and paint for a day each so far, and will be out to sand down drip/run marks and touch up later today before lacquering over the weekend and leaving them in the garage for the next week to harden a bit.

Having said that, previously I've always just painted over the weekend and had them on the car by Monday morning. :)

Most time consiming is preparation, but if you get that right then the rest is a piece of cake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.