Weight of a 3-sge

GTsillycar

I was looking at shipping an engine with them a while back.

They didn't need to know the exact weight, just a rough guess.

Stick it on a pallet?

A lot of places just have flat rates for pallets & you can go up to 1000kg.

That should cover you. :thumbs:

Try Speed shift, they were recommended to me when I was looking to get a gearbox shipped to me recently and were pretty cheap go a half pallet up to 600kg

Thanks, they saying £42.

Not posted anything this large before. Do they supply a pallet or do i need to get one?

Thanks, they saying £42.

Not posted anything this large before. Do they supply a pallet or do i need to get one?

You need to get one and tie it down well

Your local ind estate will have plenty kicking around, you dont need a big one. A decent halfsize thats not flimsy will be perfect, plus it'll fit in the car to get it back

a lot of the companies will want all oil and water taken out of the engine as well

drain it completely , let it drain for a day before shipping and also stick some rags into the holes to stop anything else from coming out , if couriers get oil onto the decks they moan like fuck and could charge you

get a pallet , tie/strap it really down , and i mean really then they should take it from there , i would allow 200 kgs for a 3sge engine , they are friggin heavy to lift

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.