geting spray work done

wide boy

hi guys not long been on here but every1 iv spoke to have be a big help and have given me loads of advice.... anyway moving on.

im lookin to do big things with my car this year its goin to a few of the car shows and want it to look different to the other celicas out there its nice to stand out as all us celica lovers knw ;) but 1st things 1st iv just had a total engine rebuild so the car is running like a dream was very happy wiv the results after a very long wait and a few problems along the way (recon garage stealing my new radio i got for my birthday :angry: but was bought another 1 so all gd).

iv had a few quotes for resprays only for bonnet roof boot and spolier to be sprayed gloss black my 1st quote was £950 hate to sound tight but im a window fitter i dont make loads of monie so that quote was out of the question. i then went to another spray shop down the road from me and they quoted me £372 witch is loads better for me and their work is gd but yesterday i spoke to a friend who knws a guy whos started his own spray shop and is very gd apparently im goin tonyt at 6 to get a price from him and look at some of his work (hes my friends mate n he owns him some favours so hope for even cheaper.) hoping to do all the plastics inside inside gloss black and candy apple red as well so will get a quote for thtas well any1 else here in kent doin mod work like this to their celicas?

will upload a pic of my car as it is now

post-34828-0-52198600-1327751730_thumb.jpg

that was taken at the odeon i live just outside maidstone in marden ill probs b down the odeon later haha where about do u live then magic?

wheres the meet tomorrow ed? and where did u get ur tail lights from i want them :(

Wish I could do that lol. I believe you're going to the fast show though? If so I'll see you there ;)

Yeah I'm working in Peterbourgh on Saturday so I've got to get it washed when I get home.

So I'll see you up there on Sunday.

Ted.

Edited by Wolfie

that was taken at the odeon i live just outside maidstone in marden ill probs b down the odeon later haha where about do u live then magic?

wheres the meet tomorrow ed? and where did u get ur tail lights from i want them :(

The meet tomorror is at Portsdown Hill PO6 3LS down the M3 ( Jun 12 on the M25 ) at 12 pm. The tail lights were on the car when I got it but I can try and find out for you.

u both guna b on the celica stand at fast show?

Yeah I'm comming up on Sunday but I think we need two more names to get a stand. check it out on the meetings link.

cheers ed would b a great help i really want some :( i just got the trd spoiler for xmas :) was a right pig to fit total nighmare :( but on now just need painting

Sounding good.

i fly in and around maidstone, in the process of doing my plastics inside, satin black with a purple flick with the dash flocked black and the other plastics a dark purple, engine built and run in, under body of car all powder coated and changed/replaced, hifi fitted but changing again, and waiting on new seats to arrive. think only thing that remains when done will be carpet but even that is getting re cut this year, every panel was cleaned and then painted where it had ten years of use so its pretty much new, got a facelift bumper waiting to be sprayed and then fold in wing mirrors stripped ready to paint and then fit.

thats about it, currently car has no interior panels or rear seats or boot all out at body shop.

if you need any help drop me a pm, always about and dont mind helping people.

Us Dahn Sarf Kent people are nice really.

Jamie, have you ever had at shufty at KCC? http://www.kentcarclub.co.uk A great bunch of guys with regular meet ups, inc club stands at many big shows this year. Plus we all talk proper like, not like them Northern Monkeys :P .

Shocks sounds like U gt alot of work goin on im jelouse where n how much was ur power coatin for ur engine bay im after doin that and sprayin my plastics

Haha slugster yer tell me about it they cnt say anything right bath path grass speak proplu I cnt undersand U haha. I'll have to check out tht site whn I get home mate cheers :).

Shocks sounds like U gt alot of work goin on im jelouse where n how much was ur power coatin for ur engine bay im after doin that and sprayin my plastics</p>

Edited by jamie clout

Just a suggestion but wouldn't it be a bit easier/cheaper to find an Astral Black bonnet & tailgate then have the roof/spoiler sprayed to match? At least that way you would not only save a little cash but have a bonnet and tailgate to put back on should you want to 'undo' the work.

Or even a wrap?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.