Spun my car off the A19

John.drum

just had the tracking done on mine, and garage told me one of the rear tyres was a runflat, not designed for a celica cos no warning sensor on dashboard. told me if i got a puncture i mite not realise but said if u went on m way and got some speed up, would likely blow out. im considering spending a bit more than planned on new tyres, after reading this. whats a few extra quid compared to safety.

BTW what kind of tyre was it?

It was a fairly new Pirelli P Zero, still had decent tread on it.

Wow lucky mate glad to see your both ok and your car it's a scary feeling whit that sort of thing .

I had a smash a long time a go . Was on me way to work had to come down this long hill every day with nice drops down the 1 side . One morning in the winter it was a dam good frost came round the bend hit a big patch of black ice lost control of the car she spun end to end a few times the off the rd down a 40 foot rocky drop .

The car was still on it's wheels for half the drop then hit a big rock that was sticking out and started to roll the rest of the way to the bottom ended up on the roof i climbed out with just a scratch on my left shin . it was bloody scary to say the least and when they say you see your life flash before you it's true you bloody well do .

Took me two weeks to get in a car after that wouldn't even be a pasenger :o

That sounds so scary mate, i would of been bricking it!

just had the tracking done on mine, and garage told me one of the rear tyres was a runflat, not designed for a celica cos no warning sensor on dashboard. told me if i got a puncture i mite not realise but said if u went on m way and got some speed up, would likely blow out. im considering spending a bit more than planned on new tyres, after reading this. whats a few extra quid compared to safety.

Definitely agree with this, it's just as important to make sure your tyres are at the right pressure and the tracking and what not is all done too.

Im going to the garage tonight to see if the alloy is alright to get a tyre on or if it is totally goosed. If it's alright i'll be getting a new tyre fitted tomorrow and getting the car checked out to see if there is any other damage. Fingers crossed it will be ok :mellow:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.