are gen 7s really that bad?

Looney, I think you can forget a GT4 straight away due to the miles you'll be doing annually and also the (potential) running costs involved.

I'm not about to wade into the 6 vs 7 argument. What I will say is this: get onto Crewcutchuck, buy his Beams motor and stick it in your very clean looking, very nice 6!

[hypercatjohn]

If you install the Beams engine, nubile, eager young ladies will flock to your door. A bit like all the Lynx adverts, but smelling of burnt rubber! They'll all want to have sex with you (with your bonnet open, of course) and you'll never regret the decision.

FACT!

[/hypercatjohn] ;)

It seems a bit silly to me to replace a car you appear to have poured a lot of time and effort (and money) into, simply because you want a little more power from it. Get the Beams, put it in. Job well and truly jobbed!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you all have nice 6s which you have also put alot time and effort into yet your selling up and a few others,your looks nice with all the leather done etc and its tidy,is the supra more less same as the gt tho as in power,due to its weight id say a n/a supra is prob just as quick as a gen 6 gt,prob no diffrent

but you all have nice 6s which you have also put alot time and effort into yet your selling up and a few others,your looks nice with all the leather done etc and its tidy,is the supra more less same as the gt tho as in power,due to its weight id say a n/a supra is prob just as quick as a gen 6 gt,prob no diffrent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

read this well faster than a celica GT, just got an ugly dash layout

wintersun had one of these last year so he might be worth a pm

its only 200kg heavier with nearly 50bhp over the gen 6 + its RWD with a straight 6 so lots of torque and good balance

they usualyl sell for GT4 money and will return a better mpg than a gt4, btu as I said speak to wintersun as he had one for about 9 months inbetween his beams and his current GT4

i have always wanted a supra,just couldnt afford the petrol costs of a tt,but na may be ok,deffo worth looking into,wouldnt be very good in winter tho and surely the gen 6 has better handlein

i have always wanted a supra,just couldnt afford the petrol costs of a tt,but na may be ok,deffo worth looking into,wouldnt be very good in winter tho and surely the gen 6 has better handlein

depends on your gen 6, mines is rubbish in the snow, but your right a RWD car is gonna be more lively in the snow and wet stuff

Which ever route you choose it seems you will end up picking your bed and shitting it. Your too indecisive and asking all of us we all have too different of an opinion, and its clouding the water, we can spend you money for you easy just decide to buy any jap pos then somebody will tell you what a silly billy you have been and you will change your mind again.

I say your next car is open to a poll........ :xmas_laugh:

Why not just get a LPG Supra? Best of both worlds, Ivwindy somebody who was in a black lpg converted tt supra

The best idea so far :xmas_smile:

I do wonder why Toyota did not carry on with the GT4 and do a turbo'd Gen 7 and also continued development with the beams lump? in a 7?

The best idea so far :xmas_smile:

I do wonder why Toyota did not carry on with the GT4 and do a turbo'd Gen 7 and also continued development with the beams lump? in a 7?

cause the gen 7 was built as an econimical sports car, natural progression if they had kept it performance based it would have had the beams to begin with and then probably a later vvtli 2.0 (just imagine the power of that machine)

if they had been built 5 years earlier it might have been a different story :(

indeed before the eco crap,and money problems,least they left us with something to work with tho,rather than nothing

you hear the same comments about the mr2 roadster that replaced the beams powered mk2 mr2 and came with a 1zz and a 5speed gearbox (didnt go down well) but again that was built for ECO more than being a sports car. at least adex is putting a beams in one of those

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.