Engine Management light

annibee

As you are (mostly) all aware I replaced my engine not so long ago, no problems except the minor coolant issue which hopefully will get sorted on Saturday when I have time to get to Toyota and buy the Red stuff!

The engine management light came on after the new engine was installed as I'll be honest I expected...then it went off...sorted I thought.

MrBee then drove it and the light came back on.

Then off again

(you get the point)

he drove it again last night and the feckin light has come back.....he assures me he is not driving any different to how I would (he is in doghouse anyway because I was in a mood this morning!)

Any ideas? should I worry about it or just leave it to its funny ol ways? (the car/light not MrBee)

Its worth getting a reading, if its coming on and then going off again it sounds like possibly a sensor issue, but without a code reading you will never know :S

Do you have an OBD2 code reader ??

I would motor down with mine but I am flat out busy now until after xmas :/

Edited by RoryK

Its worth getting a reading, if its coming on and then going off again it sounds like possibly a sensor issue, but without a code reading you will never know :S

Do you have an OBD2 code reader ??

I would motor down with mine but I am flat out busy now until after xmas :/

No I don't thats a shame I'm up your way on 16th and 17th :(

cool thanks :thumbs: since my wheel buy fell through I need to spend my money on something! :laugh2:

thanks for the offer tctech I will be in MK in fact but I think I'm gonna buy one myself it seems like the best idea but thanks for the offer :thumbs:

cool thanks :thumbs: since my wheel buy fell through I need to spend my money on something! :laugh2:

thanks for the offer tctech I will be in MK in fact but I think I'm gonna buy one myself it seems like the best idea but thanks for the offer :thumbs:

no problem if you change your mind you are welcome .i dont have a little eobd code reader by the way.. i have up to date top of the range equipment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.