to keep or not to keep

the way i see it is this...if i keep mine,i will be spending money each month on it at 170k things are getting tired same as any car would,if i get a newer car and have a loan ill be paying out also,so either way im fucked lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i see it is this...if i keep mine,i will be spending money each month on it at 170k things are getting tired same as any car would,if i get a newer car and have a loan ill be paying out also,so either way im fucked lol

I had a gen 5 celica with 165k on it spent very little on it ,sold it a few years back and it's still on the road.170k on a toyota isnt like 170k on a ford or some other nasty make.

I find my 6 cheap to run,most of the money i have spent is for mods,which i dont really have to have but i do like a mod..

yer i must admite its the same for me,i just think that soon maybe it will need some money spending out on it,but if it does then so be it,i own it that anyway for being a good car.

If you can afford a loan mate then thats for you to decide

Only reason id not get a GT4 is that you had a nightmare last time constantly worrying that it was going to break.

Even though im not a fan myself why not go for a Supra ??

you mean a supra n/a 3.0 or a tt? yer i must admite it was a bit of a worry,but mainly my fault from buying it from a crap import dealer.

A TT - for me buying a NA just wouldnt cut it as id always be thinking i should have gone TT

but surely that be just as much to run as a gt4? and parts etc if it goes wrong

28k in 2 years :o

feck my gen 6 has doen about 8k in 3 years

if your doing that kind of millage buy a cheap diesel (to travel that you dont care about - by cheap i mean £300 tops) and a gen 5 gt4 for the weekends (spend whatever you sell your car for - you can get cheap gen 5's that are still pretty original)

28k in 2 years :o

feck my gen 6 has doen about 8k in 3 years

if your doing that kind of millage buy a cheap diesel (to travel that you dont care about - by cheap i mean £300 tops) and a gen 5 gt4 for the weekends (spend whatever you sell your car for - you can get cheap gen 5's that are still pretty original)

yer im doing 15k a year nearly,i love driving even if its just to get out for some fresh air,i find it relaxing lol and fun

yer im doing 15k a year nearly,i love driving even if its just to get out for some fresh air,i find it relaxing lol and fun

I love driving too, one of the reasons i have the celica and probably one of the reasons i keep buying them

btu i use my van as a daily driver (50+mpg £300 a year fully comp with full recovery breakdown cover + no excess) also with a van you do jobs for people and it kinda pays partly for itself

then when you get back in the celica it feels so fast and soo goood :D

I love driving too, one of the reasons i have the celica and probably one of the reasons i keep buying them

btu i use my van as a daily driver (50+mpg £300 a year fully comp with full recovery breakdown cover + no excess) also with a van you do jobs for people and it kinda pays partly for itself

then when you get back in the celica it feels so fast and soo goood :D

thats it,prob same reason im on my 3rd one lol i cant think of many other cars that would be able to handle it to be honest,i dont think twice about jumping in the car at weekend and maybe going off somewhere like wales or head north,think it does them good to be honest after all its what they for lol

thats it,prob same reason im on my 3rd one lol i cant think of many other cars that would be able to handle it to be honest,i dont think twice about jumping in the car at weekend and maybe going off somewhere like wales or head north,think it does them good to be honest after all its what they for lol

exactly and cause you like the car i say use a celica as a weekend car and buy some crappy little diseasal banger for the weekdays, mrsoundcrafts GT4 is beautiful but he drives daily in an old volvo 340 track car

exactly and cause you like the car i say use a celica as a weekend car and buy some crappy little diseasal banger for the weekdays, mrsoundcrafts GT4 is beautiful but he drives daily in an old volvo 340 track car

would do but cant really afford to run two cars,but that would be ideal,but on the other hand i prob wouldnt enjoy driving so much in a shitty banger lol i think the only reason i like driving is cos mines a joy to drive...as for a supra tt ah would love one johny maybe one day,or maybe if i win lottery tonight which i plan to do :lol:

easy to win the lottery, just need to ask for a WINNING ticket when you go buy one. Fact.

Anyway, a Supra TT will bum your head off petrol wise, an extra 1000cc makes a difference haha.

People keep telling me to buy a sensible car for during the week, but I see it like this: I find my job mundane, I don't like how much of my life gets eaten up by it...so if I have NO choice in it, I might as well enjoy getting to and from it in something I love, which is my Celica! Would rather spend the extra petrol money (currently setting me back £75 a week atm) and enjoy it all, knar warra mean?

easy to win the lottery, just need to ask for a WINNING ticket when you go buy one. Fact.

Anyway, a Supra TT will bum your head off petrol wise, an extra 1000cc makes a difference haha.

People keep telling me to buy a sensible car for during the week, but I see it like this: I find my job mundane, I don't like how much of my life gets eaten up by it...so if I have NO choice in it, I might as well enjoy getting to and from it in something I love, which is my Celica! Would rather spend the extra petrol money (currently setting me back £75 a week atm) and enjoy it all, knar warra mean?

i always say that a car is for driving,people that lock them up and dont use them whats the point,id rather use it all time and get the most out of it and have the fun,its like people that have classic motors and only get them out now and again just seems a shame,they aint many these cars left these days and its nice for kids etc to see them while they are still on the planet,before we all end up driving plug in shit lol i say get them out and use them,anyway i found few pics of my car when i frist brought it and before i starting doing anything

100_0311-1.jpg

100_0314.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.