car heather not working

Meathead

It would be a good idea to flush the whole system through and not just the matrix at least you can have piece of mind it's been done . ye it can be a pain in the arse to bleed the air out after . if you do decide to flush the whole system then you need to take out the thermostat befor you flush it and put it back in when you have finished flushing :( extra work i know but worth it :D

Edited by shaungtr

slight problem, went to remove the 2 matrix hoses and i cant get to the clips. ive followed them back to the engine, so if i remove the battery i think i can get them hoses off, shouldnt make any difference right?

has your car actually got any coolant in? this could lead to your heating not working. but it also means you have a leak.

the most common leak is the bottom of the radiator on the gen 7's and i had to change mine last december at -7 outside!

my car defo has coolant in it, i can see it through the bottle. dont think there is a leak as there isnt a puddle under my car and the coolant level hasnt dropped.

now i just got back from a drive. i then got back and left the car ideling for about 5 mins with heater turned off. i then switched the heater to hot on full blast and got about 5 seconds of really hot heat, what does that mean?

also both of them pipes are hot so coolant is getting through the matrix but maybe not as much as it should...

hey devnet looking at your pics it doesnt look like the whole dash came out to get to he matrix? is it just the bottom half (footwells) how long did it take to remove?

Im thinking (hoping) the case with mine is that is is blocked pretty good, but allowing some hot coolant in, then when i turn on my fan it blows through it giving me hot air, but as its only a small part woring the fan cools it down. so a flush should fix it. now as shaungtr said, toyota decided to put the clamps on facing downwards (WHY?!!!!) and they are a night mare to get to, so im hoping if i take the battery out i can get to them where they connect to the engine, if i cant is there a special tool i can get? like a plier on a bendy cable type thing (surely thats been invented, if not im off to dragons den!)

When i took my matrix out i had to take the whole dash out but that's on a g5 . the bar i have marked was in the way it bolts from 1 side of car to the other and holds the steering colum in . might be diferent on the g7. when the car is hot toutch the bottom of the heater box then you will know if the coolant is geting rite through if it stays cold on the bottom then i would say it as a blockage in it

well i got some silicone hose and cut a bit out so i can remove the matrix with eas. had to take out the blower unit. it was abit of a pain in the arrs... then i use a junior hacksaw.. i was around 4 hours. but the glove box comes out

Edited by devnet

Could be something as simple as a sticky thermostat as it should open to let hot water in to the heater matrix when car is up to temperature,take it out ,chuck it in some boiling water from the kettle and you should see it open up,if not then its fooked,easy fix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.