sparks and opinions

You used to like the Halo's in your Faff, Ray?! They made my car mess the bed after about 500miles of use & especially under full load it would miss horribly, causing very jerky acceleration. Similar stories across the GT4 sites too from what I found. Now I just use NGK 6097 BKR7E's and change them more frequently as they're so cheap and work so well for me and others.

Oh and apparently 3SGTE engines do not get on with Iridium plugs, but Platinum are fine.

Plain old Copper core plugs. Iridium plugs are so hit and miss when it comes to GT4s so best avoided. Platinums would be my second choice...

Over the years I have forked out a fortune on all sorts on fancy spark plugs....Platinums, iridiums even those silver jobbies a multitude of heat ranges and plug gaps......from a drivers point of view the £8 a set Champion copper plugs from Halfords are just the same..in fact slightly better in some respects as I dont get the slight flat spot at 3000rpm that I had with the iridiums and to a lesser extent the platinums. Admittedly they dont last as long but for that price who cares.

Give the cheap copper plugs a try and its a safe bet you wont be disapointed...more money left to spend on petrol then enjoying the autumn sunshine and country roads.

Edited by Insanity-74

Plain old Copper core plugs. Iridium plugs are so hit and miss when it comes to GT4s so best avoided. Platinums would be my second choice...

Over the years I have forked out a fortune on all sorts on fancy spark plugs....Platinums, iridiums even those silver jobbies a multitude of heat ranges and plug gaps......from a drivers point of view the £8 a set Champion copper plugs from Halfords are just the same..in fact slightly better in some respects as I dont get the slight flat spot at 3000rpm that I had with the iridiums and to a lesser extent the platinums. Admittedly they dont last as long but for that price who cares.

Give the cheap copper plugs a try and its a safe bet you wont be disapointed...more money left to spend on petrol then enjoying the autumn sunshine and country roads.

agreed iv'e been looking for performance plugs . but read on hear that iridiums r hit and miss so stuck with the standard ngk's like the ones that i just took out as it ran fine no misfire . y change from somthing you no works well

Thats a fantastic tip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.