What if...

bRinkz

Fitted braided hoses today - what a pain in the arse!!! And after it was all done, i realised i'd forgot to put the blooming copper washer on either side of the banjo - aaaaargh!!!

Add to that a snapped wheel nut - not good.

So, do I need to put them on - will i be ok making a short journey to the motor factors for more brake fluid? What about a wheel with only four nuts?

You need the copper washers as there the bit that will 'squash' to make the seal, don't be supprised if you go out in the morning andfind a puddle of fluid under each wheel

As far as wheel nuts go you should be fine for a short journey but fix it ASAP

Fitted braided hoses today - what a pain in the arse!!! And after it was all done, i realised i'd forgot to put the blooming copper washer on either side of the banjo - aaaaargh!!!

Add to that a snapped wheel nut - not good.

So, do I need to put them on - will i be ok making a short journey to the motor factors for more brake fluid? What about a wheel with only four nuts?

ive had 4 nuts on my front wheel for months now and nowts happened :)

So next question - i've pulled my brakes apart, sorted out the sliders (they were sticking a bit) and put everything back together. Just been out for a drive, done about 8 mile, quite quickly with a fair bit of braking and back home the brakes are warm and so are the wheels - should the wheels be warm to the touch???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.