Apexi power FC users & Tuners

Firstly, after being told of the Type-S PDA holder in halfords to hold the commander in the vent by the window, what other options are there? i was sure SJ had it mounted on the passenger side of the center console, pics and links welcomed!!

Also, i have the AEM wideband sensor and gauge kit. Can this be wired up to the PFC for closed loop fueling control?? i bought it when i was going down the MoTeC M400 route, but decided against it, as i could get alloys and PFC for the same price!! :o

Many thanks

Matt.

hmm, ok. so best run without the closed lood, and just have the AEM as purly a fancey looking monitor??!!

And guys, the AEM is a wideband oxygen sensor for your exhaust gasses. Your standard one is narrowband and is a switch basically, tells your ecu if its, too rich, or too lean. no specifics. Using a wideband and aftermarket ECU you can get real time readings of the oxygen content of your exhaust, so your ECU can adjust your fueling to keep at the purfect air fuel ratio (stoichiometric point - or as close as posible, normally more). But as Edwardio has pointed out, seems the Apexi response is to slow to give an acurate live update so to speak.

So i will use it just to monitor the exhaust myself, and have a lovely funkey guage on my dash!! :D

Cheers Lee :thumbs:

will look into it, but i already have the AEM wideband kit, and its being fitted already. so ill leave as is for now i think. hopefully by next week she will be tuned and ready to rock the NA powerlist to the core!! haha.

wow you guys are talking a different langauge...

:lol: Basically the Apexi doesn't really have any real safety features like a standard ECU, so it only really does what it was programmed to do. Where as the standard ECU will constantly monitor what's going on and finely adjust itself to keep the car running as safe as possible.

The Apexi will just run how its programmed. Then its as though every so often it'll check on the O2 sensor and just dump or take out fuel.

I wonder if the o2 feedback on the apexi would be any better if we actually left a wideband o2 sensor in place.

The difficulty is that tuning is done with probe up the exhaust and that the afr is different than at the pre cat location that the apexi monitors o2 from as STD. I am assuming its the pre cat seeing as the jdm g7 only has this one and works fine with the apexi. As mentioned elsewhere with o2 feedback on the tune has to be done in a different way it else your entire tune gets subjected to the apexi trying to aim for stoiemetric even when giving it beans.

Hmm, as before, i think im going to have the PFC running as open loop, then run the AEM along side as to just monitor the gases for myself. maybe later look at getting it wired in, ill se how it goes. it should be getting tuned next week now, if john can find any wiring diagrams to match the Q45 to the Toyota loom... Any help appreciated!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.