Any ideas?

Well i thought my clutch was slipping but tried pulling away in 6th (with handbrake on) and the car just stalled so my clutch isnt slipping i dont think?

I was getting to 4k revs in second gear and flooring it messing about but every time i dipped the accelerator a weird thing happened.

So to explain, drive up to 4k revs 2nd gear let off acc put back on the floor and tap foot up and down.. sort of to make the car kangeroo with g force, coz my passenger had a bad neck so i was messing about.

Anywaysssssssssss,

The car was just 'slipping' sort of thing, revs rising but no movement - loss of power - then it gathers the 'bite' again as if the clutch was slipping and its just caught it after a dip of power.

Only seems to happen in second gear at 4k revs.. i think - havent really tried any higher.

Or is it the clutch? As 4k revs its gunna bite faster? All other driving seems fine just at that revs in that gear.

Probably the most confusing post ive ever posted but nevermind, someone will understand :)

Cheers big ears

Mikey

It could just be starting to wear out, mine has slipped a couple of times in the past couple of months, but it was mainly after sitting at traffic lights on the clutch rather than using the handbrake, so my clutch is only slipping when it gets hot, but i know it will gradually get worse

its the clutch , you were loading it and making it slip whioch is a sign its worn out or the springs are weak , it also means its not long for the world either way so id have an ask around for a price for a change

sticking it into 6th wouldnt work to check the clutch , try pulling off in 3rd

also when in second and going up a decent hill dip the clutch and rev a bit , drop it and heavy on the throttle , that will make the bastard slip

mine slipped for months before i gave in and had a new one , hills where a nightmare slipped all the way up unless you didnt boot it much but flat roads didnt seem to be that bad unless i tried booting it then it was a pig ..... yep start saving coz it aint cheap unless you can do it yourself :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.