Think this may have been my brake issue!

Changed over my turbo grooved discs this weekend & this is what hey looked like on the backs of the front discs ...

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

DSCF2531.jpg

DSCF2532.jpg

Might explain why they felt so crap........The face of the discs looked fine though? :unsure:

Both sides of the rear discs were fine..

Edited by Tr1cksta

Mine were horrendous before i changed mine, they were scrapping like mad, they sprayyed metal filings all down the side and ruined my paintwork!!

Rears

DSC05032.jpg

DSC05033.jpg

Fronts :o

DSC05099.jpg

DSC05097.jpg

DSC05082.jpg

Got some brand new turbo grooved and dimpled all round and red stuff pads and overhauled all my calipers. muuuuuch better.

... and had to get may paint restored!! :rolleyes: :unsure::lol:

Mate them fronts are shocking....I reckon that would have been the state of mine if I'd have just left them.

Not the most pleasant experience to for my first use of EBC discs :( Hope the MTecs hold up better :unsure:

Might explain why they felt so crap........The face of the discs looked fine though? :unsure:

Both sides of the rear discs were fine..

I'd recommend a good reconditioning of the front calipers bud, it looks to me like they've worn unevenly and I'd say that cleaning up the sliding pins and giving the calipers a good thorough clean up and checking seals and things would be a good idea before you ruin the new discs just the same way.

I'd recommend a good reconditioning of the front calipers bud, it looks to me like they've worn unevenly and I'd say that cleaning up the sliding pins and giving the calipers a good thorough clean up and checking seals and things would be a good idea before you ruin the new discs just the same way.

Cheers Mick.....I did check the seals & pins & one on the drivers side was stuck. Took it out, gave it a clean up & re-greased it. Both pins on the passenger side were fine.

I'd like to give the calipers a full refurb, but I'm not comfortable going that far to be honest.....Very nervous about messing with the brake fluid & pistons :unsure:

It wasnt too bad a job, pumped the pedal till it popped out the piston, then clamped the line, took all the pins and slide bolts out, cleaned all the calipers with wire brush on a drill. Painted the calipers with some red hammerite, fitted the hew seals and slide pins with generous coating of grease, then fitted the new bleed nipples, slide in the new piston and piston seals, then fill the piston cavity with brake fluid, attach the bake line and undo clamp, top up resivour. then when the pads and disk are in place, just bleed through as normal, i ran mine for aages and flushed through all lines and topped up with new fluids while i was at it.

So was a full braking system refurb, felt a million miles better after. but the red stuff pads do need some heat in them to reaaally bite hard. But they are great on track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.