my mpg

i cant work this mpg and petrol poo out, i been using shall and esso 98ron with redex and been geting 17 - 20 mpg, start of week i was running very low and had to put in asda 95ron unleaded, fook me today i filled back up and works out i been doing 29 mpg, and no word of lie, its been running great, and i been doing the same driving each day as i am using her as my day car at mo, so i am a bit :unsure: at mo

aint never gunna know unless you do the following

brim it , zero the clock , drive for as long as you need , go back to the same pump ( if its still the sam eprice ) and brim it again

look at the letres used , devide the miles into this then times by 4.5 gives you mpg

an example

60 litre used

300 miles covered

300/60= 5

5 x 4.5 = 22.5 mpg

i do this stuff while driving including working our a rolling mpg as i watch the odometer and average speeds , man im a nurd

:unsure:

aint never gunna know unless you do the following

brim it , zero the clock , drive for as long as you need , go back to the same pump ( if its still the sam eprice ) and brim it again

look at the letres used , devide the miles into this then times by 4.5 gives you mpg

an example

60 litre used

300 miles covered

300/60= 5

5 x 4.5 = 22.5 mpg

i do this stuff while driving including working our a rolling mpg as i watch the odometer and average speeds , man im a nurd

i always zero the clock, trying again now over next 5 to 7 days, even kath worked it out and i was 9.3 mpg better off with asda,??????????

:unsure:

i always zero the clock, trying again now over next 5 to 7 days, even kath worked it out and i was 9.3 mpg better off with asda,??????????

and i always full it up, as i dont like going under half way in any car

being honest id look at the maths , theres a remote chance asdas selling fuel from a shagged pump and its under charging , theres also a remote chance it was a better blend with a decent flashpoint and higher ron but ive never ever managed 29 mpg out of any of the gt4`s ive owned so ?

Cheers Izzzzy i've been trying to work out mine but wasnt quite sure how , zero'd miles, brimmed it, £70 drove it 340 miles until the needle was right down the bottom, took it back to the same local garage and put a tenner in cos by that time i've got no wages left :D

29mpg is reasonable for a GT4. I used to get that in mine almost all of the time, although I was running vpower exclusively. All depends on your driving style at the end of the day.

If you change your driving style over the 2 tanks then you comparing fuels is almost impossible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.