flat seat wheel nuts

my car is STILL in the garage and my dad has lost a wheel nut!!!

so thought i might as well replace them all with blue ones,

however, on ebay all i can find are tapered end ones which if i remember reading correctly, can come loose and are dangerous!!!

does anyone know anywhere i can pick up some suitable blue flat seat wheel nuts?

WTF?

Are your wheels flat-seat? Somehow I doubt it, so if they are tapered you shouldn't even think about flat-seat nuts, they'll just chew your wheel-stud holes and make the wheels unuseable.

I've never seen any wheels which are flat-seat, all of them are tapered, 60 degrees, ISTR.

Edited by Gen6GT

WTF?

Are your wheels flat-seat? Somehow I doubt it, so if they are tapered you shouldn't even think about flat-seat nuts, they'll just chew your wheel-stud holes and make the wheels unuseable.

I've never seen any wheels which are flat-seat, all of them are tapered, 60 degrees, ISTR.

1991 gen 5 oem??

Yep, they are flat seated like all Toyota OEM alloys, and no you can't get any aftermarket wheel nuts

I have a shed load of spares though, so if you want one Simon, send me your address and i'll stick on in the post, they are a little rusty though, but no worse than any other i have seen

OK, I'm probably wrong, but I'm certain that my first Gen 6 pre-facelift, which had the original wheels on it, had tapered wheel nuts.

However, I'll bow to the greater knowledge of those who have had Celicas a lot longer than I have :)

You can get new OEM ones from Toyota. I got them from the dealership in Falkirk but it took them 3 times ordering to get the right ones. Not cheap. And even more bother to get suitable locking nuts

Edited by colin blue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.