temp insurance cover

Hi

My old car will be uninsured in the next 2 days and i need to sell it. i also need to take it to a garage to get the wheels balanced, and im sure it will need to be driven if potential drivers want to see it running.

what is the cheapest way to do this?

my insurer (adrian flux) want about £75 for 2 weeks cover!

I am having the same trouble with my car as its still unsold, and the new car i had to swapp over onto my existing policy (also with AF) so currently it is on a temp insurance costing £90 a month to just sit there unused, while the GT4 costing an additional £200 to put on my existing insurance to run untill Sep, is sitting in a garage 75 miles away waiting to be fixed is also unused. So i would not recommend AF.

what a rip off! maybe i could jsut call my insurer and swap the cover, as in old on insured, new one uninsured until after ive sold it. of course that means drving around without the extra 50 horses :( incentive to sell it though.

will my insurer charge me to do this?

I took out temp cover on my Celica SS1 import recently, £150 for 2 months with AF. Those insure dailys are about £25 or £30 a day and if your car isn't on their website lists you can't insure it. These lists happen to not have import variants or declaration boxes. Tried to insure my Supra that has a different engine and it was impossible as the helpful chap on the phone told me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.