axle stands

Thats always what Im worrying about. Having a good trolley jack helps too so you gan get it up high enough.

I usualy put the stands under the car's subframes. A little chunk of wood is quite good between the axle stands and the car just to protect it.

I might note aswell, I have always used the jackup points for the axle stand position, and lowered the car onto the axlestand gentley, then back up the jack on the front to take abit of slack off the axle stands so your sharing weight between the three points, Been fine for me :)

Stick to the subframe in my experience, with a bit of wood in between for extra protection.

The frame rails running under the car & the sills are way too soft for repeated jacking/supporting & WILL deform.

I only ever use the sil-seams if using a standard scissor-jack as they clear the seam nicely.

The fact that you're weather-proofing the underside of your car means that if you use the sub-frame(s) to start with, you won't have to move the stands half-way through as well!

I know it sounds obvious, but dont forget to make sure the axle-stands are well clear of the car before lowering it as well -

You wouldn't believe how many times I've watched people tear big holes in their sill with them! :lol:

Sorry Lads, didnt notice you got Gen 6's. I cant say if the jacking points are the same, but it should give you a better idea. Besides, the 6's are much better made so you wont have to worry as much as a Gen 7 owner when jacking it up lol.

I carefully jack at the jacking points (making sure the ridges in the jack sit in the dints on the sills) and then place axle stands at the point where the control arm sits in the sub frame...big bolt, can't miss it. Never jacked both sides of the rear up as I simply don't like the idea of placing axte stands on the rear beam on anything other than an utterly flat surface...and there's none round here.

LOL . love the use of the word "Lads"....old enough to be his dad.... LOL :lol: :lol:

whatever our kid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.