Paint Chips

LeeW

I Think my car is a sufferer of previous motor way miles and has a fair amount of chips on the bonnet.

Any one got any ideas of the best way to sort them out other than a respray!!!

Tried touches up pens in the past and they just never seem to work. Maybe its the way to sort the finish out? :/

any ideas much appreciated :)

Touch up pens are only good for the smallest of chips, so if they are that bad then unfortunately the only way to go is a respray, but it shouldn't cost too much for a top quality job of just the bonnet, I'd say between £1-200 at max. The paint on celicas isn't that thick so having it resprayed should also give it a thicker coat and therefore more protection for the future.

My Vert goes in tomorrow for a respray of the front bumper, rear bumper, n/s front wing and n/s door. The total cost to me will be £600.00, which I think isn't a bad price.

Touch up pens are only good for the smallest of chips, so if they are that bad then unfortunately the only way to go is a respray, but it shouldn't cost too much for a top quality job of just the bonnet, I'd say between £1-200 at max. The paint on celicas isn't that thick so having it resprayed should also give it a thicker coat and therefore more protection for the future.

£1-200 JUST for a bonnet!? You getting it painted in gold!?

You usually pay around £70-90 per panel depending how many things you get done at once.

As previously said, the only way is a respray really as you don't want to be touching up every chip as I bet like mine there will be hundreds.

I too have just had a respray and absolutly love the car now.

Edited by LiamGTR

well I was just giving a guide price lol, i'm no paint expert I was just giving a guide as it sometimes depends on the amount of work it needs. Up to £100 then lol

lol no worries, as a guide, my bonnet needed taken down to the metal basically it had that many stone chips and some were deep as fook, and he charged me £80 but only because I was getting other stuff done aswell.

If you're going to get one thing and in the future wanna get more, it ends up saving you money in the long run if you get them all done together if you can afford the single big hit

I Think my car is a sufferer of previous motor way miles and has a fair amount of chips on the bonnet.

Any one got any ideas of the best way to sort them out other than a respray!!!

Tried touches up pens in the past and they just never seem to work. Maybe its the way to sort the finish out? :/

any ideas much appreciated :)

I got a quote for £280 to respray the bonnet and bumper and to blend in the wings. My bonnet is in dismal shape with stone chips and its silver like yours.

Rad

Cheers For the replies all.

Well shes going in for a clutch wednesday, and once I find this dam air leak and sort that out then it'll be the body work. Foyer now sadly it will have to wait. I'll have a go myself at the worst ones along with some tcut.

Again cheers all.

Leew

Where are you guys getting these low prices from??

I've been quoted an average of £400 for paint shops near me, and that is JUST for the driver's side door (paint & blend)

The best quote I've had so far is from a dude that shocks knows, way down near him for £150.

I live in paint shop con central.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.