Car Buying Companies

MYK

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good car buying companies. I'm wanting to sell my celica pretty quickly and had a quote off "best car buyer" of £3,400. They drive to my house, pick it up, drive it away. Providing I empty the unwanted petrol first I'm wondering if this might be a good option to go with. Quick, simple, and they come and take it off my hands rather than it being stuck on the drive and costing £100 a month on top of my normal insurance to cover it.

Anyone got any recomendations?

:)

i bet when they land they knock you down to less than half of that , it will be for undeclared faults , they do this all the time , its either they offer sod all then buy it or offer ok money and then stiff you when they come to view , easiest way of putting it i guess is all those adverts cost money , guess whos ?

can always try we buy any car, they apparently are pretty good with offers on newer cars

but in all fairness i think £3,400 is a pretty good offer for your car as the market has gone bad and has hit performance cars pretty bad.

but be prepared for them to come down, nip pick everything on your car to try and drop the price

i bet when they land they knock you down to less than half of that , it will be for undeclared faults , they do this all the time , its either they offer sod all then buy it or offer ok money and then stiff you when they come to view , easiest way of putting it i guess is all those adverts cost money , guess whos ?

This. They will rip you a new one. Only use them if you're desperate.

Aw :(

Oh well. Might just drop the price listed on here and autotrader to £3,800 and see if anyone is interested. Not taking offers on it though as would like to try and have some money and it's not as if I'm asking for a fortune for a nice car!

Just sold my 140 today mate. I had it on loads of different sites and stuff and without a doubt having it as a classified ad on eBay generated the most interest. Thats £15 for 28 days which isn't bad compared to autotrader (£36 for 2 weeks! are they kidding?!). The other thing which got interest was just having it sat on my drive with a big sign on it!

Hope that helps and good luck with the sale

When the missus took her Ka to trade it in as part exchange against a new Aygo Blue the bloke at the Toyota place offered £4300 in part exchange. We agreed, but when I got home I went to the (in)famous "Webuyanycardotcom" sharks, who offered £4700. We had to take it to a local garage which was an agent for said sharks, who then proceeded to find "problems" (there were none which we hadn't told said sharks about, being mostly stone-chips which had been properly touched-in and were only visible on very close inspection) and downsized the offer to £3200.

We told them to stuff it, and I eventually put it on Ebay and sold it immediately for £4600.

The moral in there is easy.

agreed with the above , hook you by giving you a good price , you make your plans for a new car etc , then stiff you at the last minute by finding a bug stuck to the windscreen and knocking money off there original quote , our alhambra was quoted £3200 buy wbac.com , got there and they knocked £700 for DECLARED faults , we told them bollocks and got £3800 on ebay the next week

I'm going to put it on ebay now and see if that gets any more interest.

Thanks guys :)

Listed - And see if I get any interest. Dropped the price to £3,850 ONO.

Want rid of it now so I can start modding the mini :) lol

Edited by MYK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.