Any one in the south that fancies wiring my LEDs?

I have just ordered my footwell and puddle LED lights from LED-depot and despite them sorting out an idiots guide for me and despite reading celicaben140's guide inside out I'm still not confident enough to start fiddling with wiring/fuse boxes etc etc!!

I wondering whether any one from here that has done both of these mods would be willing to show me the ropes and fit them for / with me? My time is split between Reading /London/ tunbridge wells and willing to travel, supply beers etc

I'm also wanting to install an AMP wiring kit...same question applies- Electrics really aren't my thing!

Cheers

A fuse just connects on the LIVE wire between the LED switch and your power source.

How you wire it depends on how you want them to work. If you want them to on/off with a switch just wire the LIVE wire off the switch to a power source (cd player live wire, amp live wire, headlight live wire, etc). The Ground wire should be connected to any earth.

I havent read bens guide but if you want more complex installs that work with your door open mechanism you will need somebody elses advice. Good luck.

By the way, do you have a link to the kit you bought? Ive looked at the site and cant make head or tail of it lol

Edited by SlickCelica

Cheers, still kind of hoping there's someone out there that is willing to let me bring the car to them to have it all rigged up by someone that's already find it before.

I just looked un the styling section if this site, looked at what LED-depot sold and then pm'd Craig there who has been very helpful. His stuff is more expensive than the rolls of LEDs some ppl on here seem to use but I didn't want to run the risk of getting some dud Chinese crap that turns up with no instructions etc!

Thanks, ive sent him a pm. To be honest if your a newbie to electronics and just want the basic on/off functions...wire it to your amplifier (or power capacitor). Just stick the right fuse between the switch and the amp on the live wire.

That way it draws power from the amp and lets you switch it on/off whenever you choose.

More complex installs are probably best done by a professional as you said. If you find one let me know as I might need the services at some point :)

I dont mind helping you out, im near maidstone if thats any help, amp kit wont take long and i will have a look at the leds you got to see if i can get those in as well, hardest thing is running cables into doors so if your needing that it may take a couple of hours to get everything in.

drop me a pm if you want.

I wired mine up to my interior light so they turn on when I unlock the car / open a door, and then fade out after a while or when I turn on the engine. I did mine by tracing a cable across the head lining and down the A piller and soldering to the negative and positive on the interior light switch. I would offer to help but Reading is abit of a treck, And I am already booked out this weekend helping KrisSilver with a few mods :)

I'm in Ealing and free this weekend coming if you're wanting to come round. Wiring in Amps (I'm assuming you mean audio amp) is easy peasy but can be time consuming with routing wires nicely. But I'm always up for a challenge! I did mine in about an hour, that was amp/cables installed, sub set up in boot and all plastics put back in their rightful place.

I just wired my foot well LED's to the cig lighter, works fine.

I'm apprehensive with mods too, and done this with my flat mate ok, so I honestly think you'd be ok wiring to the cig lighter. If you fancy it I'll link you a couple of guides.

RoryK is kindly helping me with some mods this weekend, plenty of good karma going around.

My companies head office is in Reading so if by chance I'm up there I'll let you know otherwise probs too far for me too. If your really struggling could poss meet you half way. But like I say, I'm A) a noob myself and B) Convinced you can do this one solo with the right guide and on-line advice. :)

Edited by KrisSilver

Thank you all for your offers.

Shocks, I'm back in Kent and free on Sunday 17th if your about?

My LEDs should arrive tomorrow, going to give the footwells a shot with a mate that has installed them on his astra VXR.....think the puddle lights (need to be wired through the door panels as far as I can tell) and the amp wiring kit/ sub install are beyond me though.

amp like so:

go through firewall with the amp cable (bit behind the engine when youre facing it from the front of the car) with the powercable, it'll come out in the footwell somewhere.

wire this down the side of the car (in the gen 6 you can lift up the plastic sill covers and there's literally little bits you can sent it down under there) and then through the plastics at the rear besides the back seats (good old coathanger straightened out and pushed through with the wire celotaped to the end will sort this out)

audio cable needs to come out the back of the stereo, push this through the side of the centre console near where your feet sit and then put it down the side of the car the same way you did the amp power cable. Also do the same here with the remote wire (little skinny blue one usually)

wire these into the amp (should be labeled which ones which) and jobs a goodun. I'll put some pics and a proper guide up on the wiki tonight actually

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.