Electric antenna to internal

Hi

My electric radio antenna gave up today. The nylon cable broke off inside the electric motor. That was a replacement mast of about 2 years ago so after seeing what some people have done on here I was thinking of getting an internal one instead. I saw this and this then wondered if I can simply attach it to the inside of the rear window in a corner and plug it into the original connection near the electric antenna motor? I don't really want to start taking the roof lining or rear wing apart to conceal the antenna, just want a simple and effective alternative.

Cheers

Mike

The first one is intended to fit within an a-pillar, so no good. Second one could be just the job. On the plus side, the electric aerial weighs a ton so it'll be handy to get shot of it :)

I see now how that A-Pilar antenna will work now, or not for my car!.. Did you run a wire from the stereo or the antenna port on the electric motor Quaigy? I guess you had the roof liner off or partly off to spread the wire around? Why is the wire length important?

I saw this antenna and it looks like it would plug straight into the port on the current electric motor like the amplified one in my 1st post. Bit pricey though. Which makes me wonder why the £37 is so much more than the other. Quality or rip off :think:

I've just decided that I'm going to go down the S2000 aerial route. You need to get a Gen 7 sub antenna base (non powered) and swap this for the Gen 6 lump and screw on the S2000 - looks pretty good when done.

Parts will be about £40 but should make that back selling on my intact and working old aerial.

• 1 month later...

Well just ordered the non powered Gen7 sub-antenna mast to fit an S2000 stubby. Just got to figure out the easiest way to get to the stock aerial withouth having to take half the plastics out of the back end of the car!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.