well my car can just p*$s right off! (its going now)

kar1

one of the many many mechanics I've spoken to as said put on grooved. Which where actually on the car before it all started. I have got one sensor out on the front.

Also, with the abs, surely that would be a constant symptom? I only get it after about 400 miles on new discs

Edited by kar1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

generally the celica calipers are crap, i have replaced my rears and both fronts because the brakes are pants, i have the sensation on my front o/s that its warped but been checked and always comes back straight, think tbh its a calliper problem more than anything else

thats pretty much what i think i'm going to do tbh. insurance isn't much more than the st. then transfer all my bits over like my wheels, bodykit, springs, interior trim.

i'd love a supra, but deffo cant afford one of those

Just waiting for a quote for removing my whole brake system, refurb the master cylinder, blow out all the lines. If it's not to bad, will get another abs sensor of nix and put on some grooved discs. And pray to god it's fix. Or I will t wat it with a big hammer

Edited by kar1

Kar1.. get your hands off that hammer! Who have you been taking the car to? Local Dealer, or local garage? Remember your car is +3 (over 9 yrs), so you can get 50% off Dealer Labour. Book it in for half hour brake investigation only, and see what they say and take it from there...

For the garage to strip the brake system off the car, completely drain it a clean it through and returb the master cylinder, it's gonna cost 200 cash

I dont know. That's the problem. But now the bill had gone up. Cos of new discs and the refurb kit for the master. Total is going to be about 500, which is almost another car

Sorry.. was at a concert yesterday and just got back from a ride out today. Just looked at last brake bill for '96 ST :o was £709.66! Front & rear discs and pads, caliper, brake cable and stableser link... no wonder she handled so good after that overhaul! Just a shame ice took her 9 months later :( Hope you get yours sorted later this week...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.