Need some new tyres

I need a set of new 17" tyres for the mot next month & never know what to get which will give good grip as well as last a decent length of time, I had Toyo T-1S for my 19" alloys which only lasted a few years even though I dont do a lot of mileage with them on so was a little disappointed although the grip was very good.

I'm thinking of getting a set of Toyo T1R Proxes as they are a reasonable price on camskill at just over £80 each but wondering if there is anything better for the same price or cheaper & if anyone knows of any offers on decent tyres at the moment

There is a new tyre not long released by Fulda that may be worth looking at. I'm sure they are in the 80.00 region for 17'' variants

Fulda SportContact. It's being marketed as an Ultra high performance tyre at mid range prices. It also has rim protection.

Personally I'm not into Far Eastern rubber Jap or Korean but that is just me.

I've got Goodyear stamped on my ar8e.

I've read the T1R is being superseded with the T1-Sport Phil, so if you needed to replace just one T1R in the future..you could have a problem.

The Falken ZE912 aren't expensive, but they grip better when they have some heat in them.

Got Falken 452's on the faff and cant love them more, have lasted me ages (well over 2 years, on alot of miliage) grips the road like anything in the dry, grips the road fine in the wet (they are classed as a summer only tyre) but in the snow and ice, didn't get stuck once and they were fine in that (obv cant tell how much of that was the tyre and how much was the AWD though)

I just got a set of Nexens on the MG after much discussion at the 75&ZT club. Previously had mixed Chinese tyres on it, causing Indy to drive through a hedge a couple of weeks ago in the wet.

The difference with the Nexens is nothing short of astounding.

£385 for the set, fitted at a local garage through Tyretraders.com.

Angus

On a budget I can certainly reccomend ZE912s. Very good all round tyre, nice cornering grip in the wet but traction and braking isn't class leading but adequate. Quite soft sidewalls, on my Civic wth it's high tyre profile you can really feel them keeling over on hard cornering, never let go though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.