deleted

Guest joer

As its a jap import if its been converted from KMH to MPH by having the face changed then its still limited.

This means you still have the limiter and the odometer will be clocking in KM's instead of miles.

To sort both you need to convert it using a chip.

The downside is you'll need to change the face back to the original one otherwise it will read incorrectly.

If it reached 124mph Id say its already delimited.... jap cars are usually limited to 112mph.

Most likely read 124 on the dials so was only really doing 112mph, I know mines still limited but who cares as it's only ever seen it once just to test if it was still on there!

I am selling a KPH to MPH chip which will de-limit it at the same time, it just screws in the back of the clocks and you need to cut and join one wire, you will will also need to have the 180mph dial faces, £15 posted if your interested, I also have some nice illuminating white dials in my de-moding thread!!

Most likely read 124 on the dials so was only really doing 112mph ...

Would the limiter not use the same signal as the speedo, though? So it would cut when the speedo reached 112? That's been the case on every limited car I've had ... get above 110 on the speedo and it pops its clogs.

No idea why it would cut out at a reading of 124, though. :unsure:

Angus

It does use the same signal, but it all depends on how accurate the speedo reading is. As the face has been changed, there's a chance that the needle hasn't been put back on properly and its mis-reading across the range. Or it could just be its mis-reading more and more by the time it gets to that speed.

Can a GT realistically do more than 124mph? haha

both of mine managed more than that regulary (on a track of course) i remember reading somewhere that if you fit uk clock unit it de-limits it but the millage would obviously show from whatever car those said clock came out of

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.