Help with Cobra 3190 Alarm

My battery's been disconnected for a while now and when I connected it up to move the car my fob did not work.

I used the key and the alarm went off. Now I can't shut it off or dis arm it.

I think the alarm has forgotten and don't recognise my alarm fobs. What shall I do? How do I dis arm it and re- program the fobs?

Any ideas?

Edited by yellowchinaman

My battery's been disconnected for a while now and when I connected it up to move the car my fob did not work.

I used the key and the alarm went off. Now I can't shut it off or dis arm it.

I think the alarm has forgotten and don't recognise my alarm fobs. What shall I do? How do I dis arm it and re- program the fobs?

Any ideas?

i had this problem about 2 years ago,took out horn fuse to stop alarm. the cause on my car was water entering alarm and damaging circuit board, replacement was a sealed unit (alarm is under the battery)

sorry found it was a cobra. I've been researching but no luck.

Changed fob battery.

Tried pressing both buttons whilst connecting car battery

I've eventually disconnected the main unit. Good news is the noise had stopped but only thing I can do is open the windows.

I'm so fed up now I'm considering tracing all the wires and ripping it out.

ive got the 7928 cobra i t might worth giving this a try...

stand close to the car and press and hold down both buttons until the led on the remote key goes out-approximately 10 seconds. Release both buttons- the led will come on constantly. Then press button A(the largest one of the two) for approximately 1 second- the led will flash - this should complete resync

good luck mate there a right pain in the ass sometimes when they lose sync

There is also sometimes a little LED disc thing that has a button on it, sometimes used as a Pin to re set the alarm/sync. I've a Cobra on the Suzuki, friggin hate it, will be upgrading when funds allow.

ive got the 7928 cobra i t might worth giving this a try...

stand close to the car and press and hold down both buttons until the led on the remote key goes out-approximately 10 seconds. Release both buttons- the led will come on constantly. Then press button A(the largest one of the two) for approximately 1 second- the led will flash - this should complete resync

good luck mate there a right pain in the ass sometimes when they lose sync

thats what i do as well

works perfectly :D

Coincidence or what ... the last 3 days my Alarm has been going off randomly ( standard TVSIIIB ) .. Driving the neighbours nuts @ 16:30 , 20:00 , 0040 , 03:00 , 04:00 ,06:30 Wed/Thurs .

Tonight the same just as I left the hospice after visiting my old man , this time I was diving !!!!!!!!

Manual doesn't mention any fuses related to the alarm ... but I gotta do summit other than discon the battery .....

Is it possible the standard alarm is linked to the horn fuse even tho it's a different sounder ?

It's driving me and the neighbours nuts ( just waiting for it to go off at any time again now .. ) :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.