clutch change & flywheel

I was reading up about clutches as my release bearing is noisy and the biting points a bit high...so needs changing. I also noted that it's recommended the flywheel is changed at the same time in case of wear. How much difference does a lightened fly wheel actually make? I've never witnessed a car with one but read up plenty of claims to faster rev range, better stand still acceleration and so on.

If I was to get a new clutch, what makes would you recommend? I'm not after one that can handle 1 billion bhp...just a sensible one thats better than oem.

Same for the flywheel...any recommended lightened ones that arent the bank breaking £500ish that the TRD one sets you back?

It makes the engine more responsive to the throttle, will change revs easier, meaning that it will accelerate quicker but also decelerate. This can make it a bit awkward in regular driving, especially things like traffic jams, as it would be much easier to stall. Easily the most significant mod you can make to any car, short of removing weight.

nope mine was not an ST(V6 ST202 in my model under my avatar sort of gives that away lol), yes it did rev quicker.

you said before you got the v6 though?! I remember reading somewhere yours was an ST before the v6...blooooooooody 'ell!

It makes the engine more responsive to the throttle, will change revs easier, meaning that it will accelerate quicker but also decelerate. This can make it a bit awkward in regular driving, especially things like traffic jams, as it would be much easier to stall. Easily the most significant mod you can make to any car, short of removing weight.

ugh, easily 90% of my driving is london bullshit stop-start nonsence. Fucking hate how busy this place is

the cabs has a lightened fly ( 13 pounds i think but you can go as low as 8 ) plus a stupidly expensive clutch

the difference is being completely honest massive , ask our kid , he stalled it 5 times before managing to pull away

there is a lack of lowdown torque that you normally get , it allows the car to stall very easly indeed , also the clutch is now little more that a switch with zero bite at all , to pull off you basically rev it a bit and drop the bastard to go , however the car revs so much freely as it hasnt got a soddin great big lump to spin up anymore , its more responsive and happier to be abused , theres less engine breaking and an all round sportier feel , i cant recommend it enough to the point if i had run out of ideas and jobs on the beams i would get it changed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.