babys an celica's do they go together

just wondering. i have a celica gen 7 is it possible to fit a 9 month ^ car seat in there? if so what are the best/ cheapest to get. i dnt wanna have to put the lil un in the boot. it just wont be fair on her.. please tell me one will fit cause i dont want to give up my baby :( the celica i mean :blush:.

Yes take the car to the shop. If you can't get one to fit you can always get rid of it, there are people queuing up to adopt.

hahaha yup will deff keep that in mind. dont think the musses will agree tho. :P

doesent anyone on here have a car seat for there 7???

what you need is what ive got, a car seat autobase. Basically you strap the autobase in as you would the car seat (ie climb in the cramped back of your celica, fight for room to move, wrestle with the seatbelt, bang your head, swear a bit, but then after a few minutes the auto base is securely strapped in. then the car seat will just click in and out! i will never buy a car seat again without an autobase! (even when i have a "sensible" 5 door family car.

im not sure what car seat you have, but our car seat came with our push chair, and the autobase was like an extra £35.

I would not go for the cheapest buddy, thats just seems madness, is it a child you dont like?

Narrowest Stage 1 is Britax Freeway or Eclipse.

I Had the Britax First Class Plus for my boy untill he was 24 months, fitted great, but still a pain, around £160.

what you need is what ive got, a car seat autobase. Basically you strap the autobase in as you would the car seat (ie climb in the cramped back of your celica, fight for room to move, wrestle with the seatbelt, bang your head, swear a bit, but then after a few minutes the auto base is securely strapped in. then the car seat will just click in and out! i will never buy a car seat again without an autobase! (even when i have a "sensible" 5 door family car.

im not sure what car seat you have, but our car seat came with our push chair, and the autobase was like an extra £35.

I always wished I'd gone for this but at 8 months he out grew what he was in, a silvercross baby car seat, I could of brought a bloody car for the cost of the pram and car seat, and it was used a total of 15 times :( now in the loft :lol:

I would not go for the cheapest buddy, thats just seems madness, is it a child you dont like?

If any child car seat conforms to ECE R44.03 and R44.04 it is perfectly safe to use... any extra cost you might pay will be for eye-candy only. So it's perfectly safe to buy the cheapest seat you can find which conforms to the regs.

Britax 1-2-3 Evolva Plus fits in the back of a Gen7 (and is the only one that Britax specifically say fits).

Got mine from Mothercare, note however that they will price match internet prices too - so I paid £115 as they matched ... I think it was Kiddicare - was ~£150 at Mothercare to start with (bonus, Mothercare also fit it for you at no extra charge which saves some arsing around with the seatbelt!).

The 1-2-3 part of the name seems to be "inspired" by its covering stages 1-3, so with some furtling around as the lad gets bigger it'll last him through till he's 11 or so and doesn't need a seat any more!

If any child car seat conforms to ECE R44.03 and R44.04 it is perfectly safe to use... any extra cost you might pay will be for eye-candy only. So it's perfectly safe to buy the cheapest seat you can find which conforms to the regs.

This is true, but if the base is too wide then the seat will likely tip to one side as Celica rear seats have high side bolsters. My wife's car has a bench style and her Maxi Cosi will not stay upright in my gen 6, which has very similar seats to a gen 7 (in the back.)

From about 15 months onwards our girl has been in this for my car:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_716851_langId_-1_categoryId_165763

Fits the Celica very well and has removable panels as they grow. My girl gets excited when she gets to ride in the Celica so it's comfortable for her to be in.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_716851_langId_-1_categoryId_165763

WOW Thats real nice!! B) reccaro baby seats. ha, genius maybe next year i'll get the lil one an upgrade. just brought myself a britax off ebay for £20 picked it up tday. pritty good condition 2 years old it'll do for now. cant afford a brand new one as yet but my god i ddnt think these things were so damn heavy :o

thanks guys for all the help and suggestions :thumbs::thumbs:

I have britax evolva 123 and a similar stage 3 (4-11yr) version for my 4.5yr old daughter. They both fit fine although the gen7 seat belts are quite short so only just. It's this reason that a lot of seats where the belt goes over the front of the seat rather than clamping the back don't tend to fit. The evolva 123 has built in harness to strap child in with. The stage 3 one uses std belt across front as per an adult using it but it only goes through one hoop at shoulder height so doesn't use as much belt as the 0-2 stage seats. As the gen 7 has no isofix points I do have to remember to clip the seat belt back across this one when not in use as it is not held in otherwise ;)

BTW my wife has the Toyota 0-2 stage seat as we bought it with the auris. It does fit mine but as it uses isofix I have to remember to retract the catches or it dents my seats lol. When we looked at it in more detail it was a rebadged britax Roma. Hence all 4 of our car seats are britax.

You may well be able to get kiddie seats but are you prepared for the earache you'll get from the mrs for all that messing about putting littl'un in and out of the back of the car........:D

I'm more bothered about my little one kicking the crap out of my front seats!

Lol, will do that alright. On the plus side you have a handy pocket on the back of the seat which will catch any vomit before it reaches the carpet as it runs down the back of the seat :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.