battery relocation kit

Looking to make a batt relocation kit to move my battery to the boot to make room for a filter...what gauge wire should I be looking at and best place to buy it...anyone???

cheers

doesn't matter about the gauge. Its the amps that matters. You'll need good copper cable and only enough for it to turn over or you'll be using big heavy cables on overkill. Can't remember the exact amp needed, let me try and dig it up.

had a battery extension in my old works van with a plug on the end for connecting jump leads to for starting forklifts etc. Used the similar gauge cable as what was fitted to battery approx 1.5 the size had no problems with that & was turning stuff over for quite a while sometimes, alot more than i would expect anyones car to take:)

Thanks peeps...going to fab my own kit for this...not paying £100 plus

Use 20mm cable for the job. Thats what i used when i done mine. You will also need some 8mm fittings for the ends of the cable. I bought my fittings from a local industreal electrcians who prob will supply you with the cable on the cheap. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.