How to clean exhaust?

So I have a TRD exhaust in my garage awaiting fitting. It's 2nd hand and is covered with stuff that looks like ancient molten rock or something lol. Looks like a layer of molten rock crust... How the feck do I get rid of this and make it shine again?

Go to asda or morrisons.

In the house hold cleaning section where all the cleaning cloths and sponges are they have wire ribbon sponges buy them they are cheap u usually get 2 in a pack use this with soapy water to get all black crap off the buff it up using autosol or metal polish

DO NOT USE BRILLO PADS

Edited by antmax7

Autosol, its bloody good, used it to clean mine up and it will cut through all that black crust in no time. Give it a clean with a normal sponge, lets it dry and then egt an old rag, a tube of autosol and get cleaning ;)

Really got to know what the crud on the exhaust is first.

Hitting it with autosol is going to do zilch if the crud is concrete.

If the crud is rust, then you are looking at wire wool, sanding, wire cup brush on a drill to get it off.

If it's just road tar, then I'd be wiping with thinners first, ideal at disolving tar spots.

Then I'd look at polishing.

But got to get the crud off first.

I used oven cleaner first as it takes almost anything off, watch your hands and eye's, and do it out side or your get a little wobbly after 5 mins, then autosol it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.