LED Flexy Strips

You know them LED flexible strips you can buy and you can cut them down to size..

My question is, each strip, can you cut the strip in half and have 2? Or can the whole strip only be wired once.

As ive seen some for instance 5 meters long and im assuming theres only one output for the pos & neg wires.

Just curious, as gunna buy some and will need to know if i need 1 long one or many short ones

Im talking about the ones you can cut up here btw :)

The ones i do can be cut every 3 LEDs. These are more expensive than a lot of other sellers but i've had to replace set on a customer's VXR, albeit an older version after 3 years so far, so they last.

If you're and good at soldering it can be a simple job, if not i could do a set length with wires at each end and you could cut the strip down.

Yeah, same for mine. You can cut them in lengths of multiples of three LEDs, so 9 in a strip, 12 in a strip, 15 in a strip etc etc etc.

To get your new wires on all you gotta do is get a nice sharp knife, and cut away the sticky tape on the back, and scratch away at at the underside until a small section of the copper strips are exposed at one end. I'd then test the strip with a battery to check you've exposed the contacts enough but it should be easy enough. Then just solder your wires onto the contacts on the bottom and you're good to go. If you've got some heat shrink then stick that over the top for a bit of extra protection, although this isn't essential.

Hope that helps mate

Edited by martin3df

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.