BC coilovers..adjustment?

Biggy

I have just bought some BC coilovers (BR)and wondered if there was any info on adjustment ??

I have noticed the top knob lift a bit?does this do more than one adjustment??

Thanks for any help.. :)

OK it's pretty simple:

Knob at top of strut adjusts damping. twist it to either make the damping harder or softer.

On the strut the collar that seats the spring adjusts pre-load, and the two at the bottom adjust the ride height (the top one locks the bottom one in place once set)

Yes mate i have the spanners ,it's the top knob?it seems to lift a bit ?hence does the top knob have to be lifted to adjust something?or does it just adjust one thing?

OK it's pretty simple:

Knob at top of strut adjusts damping. twist it to either make the damping harder or softer.

On the strut the collar that seats the spring adjusts pre-load, and the two at the bottom adjust the ride height (the top one locks the bottom one in place once set)

Cheers Brendan ...so how do you adjust preload??so the ones at the bottom of the spring adjust the height then?

The pre load is adjusted buy the collar the bottom of the spring sits on. Wind it up for more pre-load, down for less. It won't really effect the ride height, but will effect how easily your suspension reacts to the road surface, i.e. too much pre-load and it'll skip about, too little and it'll bottom out at the slightest bump. It's something that you'll need to play with along with the damping to get it to how you feel comfortable with. I've adjusted mine about 7 or 8 times now and although it's good, I'm still not 100% happy with it.

Now, right down at the bottom of the strut, literally on top of the hub mounting point, there are 2 more collars together. They are the locking ones for the ride height, undo them both, one at a time, and just spin then up the strut out of the way.

To adjust ride height, you need to screw the strut in to or our of the hub mounting point to either lower or raise the the ride height respectively. Once done spin the collars back down one at a time, the bottom one to hold the strut in place, the top one to lock the bottom one in place if that makes sense.?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.