B*ll*cks!

Feel like a right tw*t. Scraped my passenger side door on a concrete pillar at work. It looks horrific :(

I'm praying it looks worse than it is, because I was able to get some of the dust off by my finger and spit, so I hope it hasn't gone through the paint. People were saying coz it's concrete the chalk left by it will make it look worse. I hope they're right.

What do people advise I do? I was thinking of cleaning, clay bar, waxing and polishing my car tomorrow anyway. That won't do any harm will it?

Edited by Old Red Celica
Took out the swear words so work filters allow viewing

Get some cutting compound, I had a similar incident today, 15 mins with some cutting compound and you can barely tell!

Then you'll need to polish & wax as the compound will strip all protection and some paint to remove the scratch

Before:

66e0820f.jpg

After:

724d89a6.jpg

Edited by lta

^^^^

Good job, what did you use?

Thanks,

It is just cutting compound from halfords, then polished with autoglym srp and waxed with nattys paste.

Luckily the scratches weren't deep

i would try just soap and water before you start using cutting compound - you can make a mess with it if your not careful - move up to t-cut if that doesnt work and if you really need to use cutting compound. Get some pics up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.