fitting nos

i love my gt just wish it had more power,i done quite a few mods now to make her quicker but i know that theres only so much you can do,so i was wondering if it would be poss to fit nos to a gt? and if so how much and what kinda work would have to be done? im talking small shot like 50 bhp just to make it bit quicker when needed ?

Love nos, I will one day be going down this root but not in a 20yr old GT4 lol

I did look into them and you want a wet kit NOT a dry kit, I would prefer somebody to fit and theres some great deals out there on supply and fit

Im sure theres someone selling there kit on here for £300 thats everything you need.

im pretty sure its around the £500 mark for everything you need if you fit it your self. i know from a few people running NOS a progressive controller is a must not sure how much extra those are or if thats included in the price.

Aftr doing lots of research, i found that Wizards Of NOS are the only people that i would take my car to to have NOS fitted, and I wouldn't use any kit other than a WON kit.

But i decided to save my money.

Check out the Wizard's website and forum for some very useful reading.

that's the issue... most engines would probably handle a 25-50 shot ok.

they recommend a direct port installation, so that all cylinders get the same shot.

spark plugs need to be uprated, maybe fuel pump and a few other things too.

can't remember off the top of my head.

I read that most gen 7s that fit nitrous end up breaking.

not sure about gen 6s.

what about supercharger ? alot honda engines get it done so surely it can be done to the gt lump,i heard a while back that the supercharger out off the mini copper would work on the gt,dont know how true that is but mite be worth looking into

turbo option would also be good,how much do you think that would cost tho? surely ive already got some off the parts i.e exhast system,upgraded the brakes so it would cope,thinking i mite have alot off running problems at frist tho surely?

well according to the list on that page you will need the following

-ST205 fuel rail with injectors

-ST205 map sensor

-ST205 engine loom

-MR2 rev3 turbo ECU

-ST205 exhaust manifold

-ST205 turbo CT20

-CT20 oil and water lines

-uprated fuel pump

-3SGTE decat pipe

-custom 2.5" system

-front mount intercooler with 2.5" pipes

low boost would be about 7psi on actuator pressure which should give you close to 50/60brake with similar torque increase.

so your system will probably have to go as it wont be up to the job

but if you shop around and do alot of the work yourself im sure it can be done on a budget of around £1k, much cheaper than the GT4 or V6 conversion

if you must run Nos use a direct port wet system with controler you will aslo need to have a piggyback AFIC

like AEM fic to control the timing (needs retarding when on shot) you will need colder plugs. if you can get that lot you'll be good for 100 shot...you can go cheap with just one nozzle before the TB but you get uneven hit on all pots you'll get a lot of det and in the end a melted engine..hope that helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.