POR products. info+experiances with them

I'v been looking through the frost catalouge at the por stuff

POR15 is a must for the underneath and for some steering/suspension parts but before I put paint on I need to get the old crappy stuff off enter "por-strip" apparantly strips any coating from any surface

http://www.por15.com/POR-STRIP/productinfo/RSG/

There is a warning on that page :WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.

That kind of puts me off!!!! the other thing is I havnt got a clue how to work out dollar to pounds price $15.95 per quart on por15.com, order from frost its £13.79

So couple of questions, where do you guys order/buy yours from?

and, anybody used the porstrip is it as good as it claims, can you still use your manly tools :unsure: or any alternative products that will remove the paint /underseal from the underside

heat gun and scrapers are on standby but an easier way would be nice!

You can use a currency converter on google to convert from us dollars to pounds at the current exchange rate. Obviously the shipping is going to make it a hell of a lot dearer to buy it from the states, I've always used Frosts.

If it's just underseal I've always got that off with a petrol soaked rag easily enough and then used a wire brush in the grinder to take back any surface rust, treat with rust eater and por over that, job a good un ;)

With the added bonus of keeping functioning testicles :lol:

Don't get it on you unless you want to experience life with the world's worts tattoo. It takes ages to get off!

As for contains products know to cause cancer, yes they probbaly will give you cancer if you drink a gallon of the stuff a day for a year...

Cant see the health risk thing myself.Infernalzen's been pickling himself for years on POR-15,and he's alright.Well,alright-ish.No rust on him,anyway. :lol:

Frosts, is the best place to but it from.

Just to emphasise a point already made. If you get it on your skin it is a shit to get off. Plus make sure you use cheap brushes, as they will probably be written off after use, not matter how well you wash them.

Bloody great stuff though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.