wheels

YJ52

Just wondered if any of you guys might be able to tell me what these wheels are please? 17's. I had them on my first Gen7 and realllly like them :). They are actually a 2 tone - with grey on the inside of the 'spokes' - sorry pics bit crap to see that detail. Only ever seen them on one other Gen 7 and I'd like to start searching for a set of 5 for my current Gen7.

Thanx

post-31552-0-28751600-1301188595_thumb.png

The optional Team Dynamics Rims fitted on early cars were discontinued due to moisture getting under the lacquer on the diamond cut surface. Rather than spend a fortune on warranty replacements, Toyota changed to Fondmetal Rims from 2001 on. Finding a set of these in good condition is not going to be easy and they're probably best used as Summer Rims only. I believe they use tapered Nuts rather than the flat type used on all the Fondmetal designs.

HTH :)

Just wondered if any of you guys might be able to tell me what these wheels are please? 17's. I had them on my first Gen7 and realllly like them :). They are actually a 2 tone - with grey on the inside of the 'spokes' - sorry pics bit crap to see that detail. Only ever seen them on one other Gen 7 and I'd like to start searching for a set of 5 for my current Gen7.

Thanx

You have mail ...:D how about 2 of them for £20....for a start :dance:

Was wrong then :ban:

:lol: aw you tried - thanks anyway!

You have mail ...:D how about 2 of them for £20....for a start :dance:

Thanks Cait, I'll take a look :)

The optional Team Dynamics Rims fitted on early cars were discontinued due to moisture getting under the lacquer on the diamond cut surface. Rather than spend a fortune on warranty replacements, Toyota changed to Fondmetal Rims from 2001 on. Finding a set of these in good condition is not going to be easy and they're probably best used as Summer Rims only. I believe they use tapered Nuts rather than the flat type used on all the Fondmetal designs.

HTH :)

Thanks I'm recognising the name Team Dynamics and yes completely know where you are coming from regarding the issue with lacquer and moisture! When I had these on my 'W' Gen 7 the spare in the boot got a bit damp, did'nt realise for a while had affected it but I used to get a little "pond issue" in the wheel compartment - not such good fit on the boot seal me thinks, anyway solved it by punching a hole in the rubber bung in the floor of wheel compartment so it could drain itself out (yeah quick fix I know):lol: but unfortunately not before damage was done to the spare! Oh well live and learn; check for water in the boot on a regular basis: :D None so far on present Gen7. Anyway back to the wheels thanks for your comments.

Edited by YJ52

Hey Hun We have GREAT people on here & I'm sure You could get One of the to pick um Up & POST TO YER

ffs girl dont miss out on them £20 squids for 2 'rare' ISH alloys

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.