Update to MOT regulations.

i got pulled over in my calibra cause one of my headlights wasnt working which was hids and all the policeman said was get it sorted not you have illegal lights fitted or you dazzled me and its not like they you couldnt tell what they was so is it that the police need to know what is illegal or not or is it they just dont really care as long as you have 2 headlights that work in my eyes hids are better and if all cars were fitted with them 20 years ago i think hallegon lights would of been phased out by now

My dislike for them comes from all the people round my way with them fitted to Focus's and Corsa's that always blind me in the rear view mirror, i have now taken to pulling over and letting them pass

There was a thread recently where a guy showed the UFO's from the Gen 7, they look to be at perfect dazzling height, and many other members said they had the very same UFO's, so not everyone who does fit them fits them properly

It might be just me getting old tongue.gif, but i would never do anything knowingly that would make my car illegal, same as fitting a decat, i personally wouldn't do it, no matter how much extra power it gave me as it is a requirement for the emissions law, and the MOT is a legal document that means your car is roadworthy for the next 12 months, surely removing the CAT nullifies that document

Don't get me wrong, i am no saint, i do speed, but i know the consequences of speeding (3 points and a fine), but the consequences of driving a car with illegal mods is a risk i wouldn't be prepared to take as the consequences are unkown

HIDs will always be a grey area i think because from a safety point of view they are good, but from a dazzling point of view they are bad, but i too only tend to get blinded by the 4x4s but i swear most of them have like 12k bulbs in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.