BG 44K

I didn't find any black smoke coming from the exhaust, it did feel smoother, not sure about the amount of miles though as I haven't been able to do a fair test...

I am wondering if I can continue to use Redex now though. I've put in like 3 or 4 tank fulls since I put the 44K in. The car's been feeling quite slow since I stopped putting in the Redex.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really noticed a huge difference in mine ... it might be a bit smoother, it might be a bit more responsive - but certainly no difference in mpg.

But I've had a stainless manifold and front pipe put on in the meantime which have tidied up my performance a bit, so no idea really. :)

• 3 weeks later...

it does nought, the faster people accept that...the better. Short of cracking a block open, nothings gonna REALLY clean off all the carbon deposits in an engine!

I am going to buy you a can Johnny boy! You do notice the difference within a few miles, stripping out all that carbon from your engine just makes it feel alive! I put a can in the new alfa after 24hours driving and it's not in your head.. You really need to get a can and come back to us!

Without reading through all topics ^& pages, can anyone tell me what ratio to use?

It says it "can" treat up to 75 litres, so if I brim the tank (55L), can I throw the full can in or is that bad?

I put £50 in the Alfa and chucked a can in, you are ment to water it down quite a lot so you dont burn the shit out of your seals and such like, but noticed the difference within 10 miles

Same as all of you guys it seems, did some research on it and read hundereds of positive reviews on different forums. Think there is an old thread on here somewhere actually. Month after buying the 7 I stuck it in thinking the engine and fuel systems were in good fettle, didnt expect much of an improvement, couldn't have been more wrong, it was as if someone had removed a restictor (ok maybe a little OTT but still). Noticable, which is more than can be said for some supposed power mods. Once cleaned out I've used nothing but V-Power of equivelent so she doesnt choke up again, so far so good.

• 1 month later...

ordered my can's worth, i'll be testing it on V-Power and doing 50miles a day. maxed out at 330mls without BG44 let's see what i get soon.

the big test is when i drive over to Germany late november, 368 miles there so let's see if i get there on a tank or not lol

how often should it be added to the tank though? is it a one off thing or after a certain amount of tanks worth or miles?

tbh if i get 20miles extra out of my tank i'm a happy chappy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.