Gen 6 Vert owners!

Mondo

The rear base section of the seat is the same i think but the back rest is totaly different, back section

is a one piece seat section rather than 50/50 split and is also no where near as sterdy and tends to be more upright.

The seats are totally different. To make room for the retracted hood you lose the ability to drop the rear seat backs and extend the boot, so the rears are radically different. I don't think you could make the non-vert rears into a vert raet spec, better to start from scratch and get someone to reshoe the proper vert rears.

What are you looking to do?

Edited by Gen6GT

I have someone who's looking to have their Vert retrimmed and I'm just trying to suss the differences, mate.

On a plus side though, I'll have lots of potential access to one so I can get some measurements for a hood cover! ;)

i saw this the other day and meant to post it up but ccuk kept crashing as I remember seeing talk about this in another thread:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-CONVERTIBLE-CABRIOLET-TONNEAU-COVER-T20-/270705753308?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0751fcdc

never mind...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!!!!!

How bloody cheap????

I don't like the standard one, although if I could find one I'd buy it. I really need a made to measure hood bag just to make my Gen 6 Vert look even better (if that's possible) when the hood is down. I found a company down on the south coast who quoted me £350 for a made-to-measure leather one, They would need my car to measure, then again to fit. I reckon that would be worth it and I might well go that way,it's something which I think the car really needs.

on the 5 the rear seats are unique to the vert , there about a foot wider on the normal car with the vert being a squoshed together 4 seater not a 5 , the turrets of plastic either side hold the mech for the elec windows plus the hydrolic rams for putting the roof up and down

as for the cover , yeah i noticed that , this was 1 of 2 advertised at the same time , the other was listed as maybe for a 5 ,,,, as it happens i already have 1 in a bag

The rear base section of the seat is the same i think but the back rest is totaly different, back section

is a one piece seat section rather than 50/50 split and is also no where near as sterdy and tends to be more upright.

The rear base section is not the same. At least the spots for the seat beat buckle are different.

I have someone who's looking to have their Vert retrimmed and I'm just trying to suss the differences, mate.

On a plus side though, I'll have lots of potential access to one so I can get some measurements for a hood cover! ;)

Well, if you can make them you can definitely put me down for one. And as it's a custom job maybe incorporating the reg. number of the car somewhere visible in case some batarde nicks it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.