kit

soul45

just spent £500 on some kit....a hydraulic pipe bender (up to 3'') and a plasma cutter/tig welder...can now do my own exhausts and intercooler bends..thinking may offers cheap deals to members

sounds like a cheap bit of kit

yes a bargain..to cheap to miss

make me a roll cage!

if I do one for me then yes I can do others....be nice in stainless

Could well be up for a system with duplex, what sort of money will you be looking at?

early days yet ,I have a few things I want to do myself but in the future I could well be up for knocking out sone stainless headers and exhausts.

but in the meantime I'll price the tubing up

Edited by soul45

What type of pipe bender is it? I bought a cheap one off fleabay to make the roll cage for my tractor, and let me tell you it was hard work! Admittedly it was 48mm pipe with 3mm wall, but was very easy to kink if you weren't concentrating. :(

Picture036-1.jpg

Got a plasma cutter too and must say it a cracking bit of kit so easy to use!

Always fancied a tig welder did some back in college makes such a nice job, will be interested to see how you get on. Sadly gas is dear stuff for what id do with one I dont think I could justify it plus its just as easy to use the MIG at work :P

What type of pipe bender is it? I bought a cheap one off fleabay to make the roll cage for my tractor, and let me tell you it was hard work! Admittedly it was 48mm pipe with 3mm wall, but was very easy to kink if you weren't concentrating. :(

Picture036-1.jpg

Got a plasma cutter too and must say it a cracking bit of kit so easy to use!

Always fancied a tig welder did some back in college makes such a nice job, will be interested to see how you get on. Sadly gas is dear stuff for what id do with one I dont think I could justify it plus its just as easy to use the MIG at work :P

nice work there...fill the pipes with water then sand..goes in real tight and you can bend no problem...i use a MIG with CO2 and it does the job

but CO2/Argon mix is better

nice work there...fill the pipes with water then sand..goes in real tight and you can bend no problem...i use a MIG with CO2 and it does the job

but CO2/Argon mix is better

I did read about doing that but didnt think it would be very easy to do, or work that well. Bit late now anyway oh well. Look forward to seeing some more of your great work anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.