EBC (standard) or Mintex pads

hawker

The missus needs a new front pads on her Yaris cos she drives like Schumacher with the shits.

I have up to know, 4 options:

1. OEM from my local Toyota (£40)

2. Supply+fit at my local Toyota (£80), which with my bad back I must say I'm tempted! :)

3. EBC standard set of pads (not redstuff/greenstuff etc) for £27 with delivery

4. Mintex do a set for £35 with delivery.

Just wondering if any of you on here have any experiences with the EBC standard pads and Mintex pads

I know this is for a Yaris, but it would be interesting to hear your findings.

Cheers butties!

Edited by hawker

The missus needs a new front pads on her Yaris cos she drives like Schumacher with the shits.

I have up to know, 4 options:

1. OEM from my local Toyota (£40)

2. Supply+fit at my local Toyota (£80), which with my bad back I must say I'm tempted! :)

3. EBC standard set of pads (not redstuff/greenstuff etc) for £27 with delivery

4. Mintex do a set for £35 with delivery.

Just wondering if any of you on here have any experiences with the EBC standard pads and Mintex pads

I know this is for a Yaris, but it would be interesting to hear your findings.

Cheers butties!

had mintex before Mate and had no trouble with that... then put an ebc ultimax now and is also doing the job... not so much dust as well...

ferodo for Yaris...??? that Yaris must have something to put a ferodo... that's x5 the price of standard pads...

cheeky bastard! i have ferodo's on mine and it only has a stock 1.0 engine :) they are very good.

saying that i have stock EBC on my celica and they seem fine too.

I think I may go the Mintex route (approx £35), but for the extra £40 to supply+fit at my local Toyota dealer (they are doing a special offer there apparently, which is probably true considering normal rates would be about £90+ per hour), I'm seriously considering this too as my back is being a right painful twat of late. :(

Oh the joys of middle-age! :o

Just feels like a cop-out tho! :)

I think I may go the Mintex route (approx £35), but for the extra £40 to supply+fit at my local Toyota dealer (they are doing a special offer there apparently, which is probably true considering normal rates would be about £90+ per hour), I'm seriously considering this too as my back is being a right painful twat of late. :(

Oh the joys of middle-age! :o

Just feels like a cop-out tho! :)

that's a good deal Mate.. all 4's it is???

that's a good deal Mate.. all 4's it is???

No mate, thats just for fronts. The pads alone cost £40 or so.

When it had its free MOT back at the dealers a couple of months ago, there was an advisory against the front pads, and the price then to supply and fit was £125 :)

No mate, thats just for fronts. The pads alone cost £40 or so.

When it had its free MOT back at the dealers a couple of months ago, there was an advisory against the front pads, and the price then to supply and fit was £125 :)

really dear that pads HUh... my ultimax only cost me 23£ supply then my mechanic fitted it including changing disc and calipers to go 190... or 275 and the labour was just 40£

Not sure if this offer from Toyota World helps you get any further discount mate:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.p...114017&st=0

I've got Blueprint discs and pads and they are going strong some 50k later. Best think about the pads as well as being cheap are there is zero brake dust - nice for my polished wheel lips!

Thanks Arvi.

I was trying to find blueprint pads as it happens, but I couldnt find any links anywhere (bear in mind I need them for a 56 1.3 Yaris)

Plenty of forum links, but I cant seem to find one to actually buy some

Hahahaha.. glad it's still moving Mate... Your Yaris...

its not so bad. 1.0+ excessive speed entering a corner+ trail braking with ferodo pads=:

IMG_0264.jpg

:)

Wow, people still buy EBC pads?

certainly do. The ones i've used have been nothing short of superb. never had greenstuff though.............

I got my blueprint parts locally from CAS.Appears they have an online store as well though the site does not confirm if the parts are actually blueprint.A phone call may clarify though:

http://shop.central-auto.co.uk/product/dos...2006/BR/PADS-BR

I've sent them a question, so see what they say.

Cheers butty

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.