Cracked paint - Can it be fixed?

DannyScene

Decided if I am to love my celica again I will need to tidy her up, now the paint on her is beyond shit, it is covered in tiny thin cracks but they are everywhere!

Is there anything I can do/use other than a respray to make them disappear?

Thanks in advance

Danny

You could try a denim pad, compound and a dual action polisher as it is probably the laquer thats spider-webbed. If that doesnt work then it would be full respray time and then its a case of deciding if you want it silver again or go for something unique?

Be careful with plastidip mate. If not applied properly it can be a shower of shite. Best off wrapping, its about the same price with a much better finish if you go somewhere reputable like PW Pro. They quoted me £1100 for the R with little details in a diff colour.

That's not too bad actually but its at least double any quote I've had for plasti dipping and is actually more than I bought the car for (I won't allow myself to spend more than I paid on the car for any mods)

Saying that I have access to a spray booth so would buy the plasti dip raw materials and spray it myself

Already sprayed my spoiler, wheels and bonnet scoop and it has lasted just under a year so far and still looks ok

My front bumper is littered with cracks. At first it really bugged me but I've learnt to live with them. You cant see them until you get up close. If it passes the 6ft test then its not worth me spending hundreds I dont have fixing the paintwork.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.