Are there "best" HIDs for the Celica?

I know this might be a fairly subjective thing but is there a recommended set of HID lights for the Gen 7?

I am finding in my dotage that the lights just aren't quite bright enough. How the hell I coped with the rubbish headlights that were in the cars I used to run around in as a kid I have no clue. Probably a heady mixture of youth and stupidity :)

Sorry Celica1977 but they're not HID bulbs at all mate, that's just what they slap on the packaging for them to seem good. They'll have xenon gass rather than halogen but that'll be about it.

If you want bright bulbs then HID's are the way forward. Very easy to fit. HID-Direct are one of th best makes you can get, jump on their site and have a look!

maybe not mate but they are good bulbs either way

so how come on the packaging they have HID class , as i said i had HIDS on the v6 i know the difference with HID lighting to standard lighting as on the v6 HIDS were the best mod on there to date as the wiring was crap on the vauxhalls .

248144_10201406444142999_1541142190_n.jp

Edited by celica1977

I think I've hid directs kit in both my car and partners fiesta. Ballasts and wiring all seem as good as any, nice and slow and the digital sort, their kits are well priced too.

I did buy a cheaper set for the celica originally from an ebay seller and they were awful in every way, poor ballast and the complete wrong colour with worse than halogen light output.

My only criticism toward hid direct, and I think I saw another member with the same issue, is there is not always a great deal of quality control with the bulbs. I noticed the supplied ones weren't quite matching shades of '5000k', seeing one more yello than the other. Customer service was fine and they agreed to exchange a couple of times but I eventually got fed up and ordered some upgrade bulbs, which have been fine in both cars for well over a year now.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=370641370992

Because they're japanese (they can get away with murder with misguiding information on products), and 'HID Class' could just be their way of saying it's bright, like HID's.

A HID bulb has to ignite, hence the ballasts and the flash of light you get when you turn them on. The MTEC's are just blue coloured halogens, and the blue colour cancels out the yellow, giving a white light - that's all it is buddy. Don't get me wrong they're great for looks, I had them in the past. But when you have a car with projector headlights, you may as well get HID's.

I've run with MTEC Super White's, Osram Nightbreakers, 6000k 35w HID's, 4300k 35w HID's and 5000k 55w HID's in the same car. The 5000k 55w HID's literally shat all over the other bulbs, they're in a league of their own.

• Like 1

I've run with MTEC Super White's, Osram Nightbreakers, 6000k 35w HID's, 4300k 35w HID's and 5000k 55w HID's in the same car. The 5000k 55w HID's literally shat all over the other bulbs, they're in a league of their own.

I was horrified by stock bulbs but have been sus of hids due to lack of own knowledge and son having no end of problems with his. Currently running Nightbreakers which are much better than stock, but still a bit meh!

Could you pop up a link to the ones you have please G?

Your recommendation is compelling having tried most combinations back to back, which is presumably how they shit on each other? ;)

this one..............

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/55w-slim-canbus-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-all-bulb-types/

or this one?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h4-3-h-l-55w-slim-smart-canbus-hid-xenon-kit-with-twin-relays/

Edited by daytona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.