MOT fail

The problem with skirts like the Trd is that crap builds up under them which leaves the area damp.

It's been a problem on cars with skirts for years. Checked under my veilsides recently but they are ok.

I normally give mine a good hose down in and behind the rear arches when I wash the car so hopefully that gets the crap out.. Key is catching it early and then preventing it.

I mot'd a jaguar x type which had skirts fitted, luckily there is about a 1-2inch gap between the sill and the skirt and I found a hole. Failed the car, got go ahead on repair explaining it could be worse once side skirt was removed, removed it and underneath was rotten. Need the whole sill re-building.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I normally give mine a good hose down in and behind the rear arches when I wash the car so hopefully that gets the crap out.. Key is catching it early and then preventing it.

I mot'd a jaguar x type which had skirts fitted, luckily there is about a 1-2inch gap between the sill and the skirt and I found a hole. Failed the car, got go ahead on repair explaining it could be worse once side skirt was removed, removed it and underneath was rotten. Need the whole sill re-building.

Funny how you mention a jag X-type I had to do the exhaust same thing with one last year, entire sill had to be cut out, fabbed up and welded back in. And when I say the whole sill I mean the entire thing on both sides of the car !

Generally those cars are terrible. Don't care what Jaguar says, those x types are just glorified mondeos except they still feel like cheap tat, drive them all the time unfortunately have to fix them too.

Normally have to replace all the auxcillary idlers and tensioner on the diesels which is a pig of a job on those, more room on the mondeo..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.