Scratch Repair - Paint match

sheepy

I've got a few scratches from doors and stones, only a couple of chips on the front wing. Can anyone recommend any good products like chippex or t-cut? I scraped the wing mirror on the garage wall last night and i'm not sure how to go about re painting it especially with that part being plastic. Also to make things trickier it's storm blue. Any advice guys?

I've got a few scratches from doors and stones, only a couple of chips on the front wing. Can anyone recommend any good products like chippex or t-cut? I scraped the wing mirror on the garage wall last night and i'm not sure how to go about re painting it especially with that part being plastic. Also to make things trickier it's storm blue. Any advice guys?

same problem !!! i got a ready mix touch up pen from mr.T in 210 carbon / storm blue..... tried it on an inconspicuous area and the colour match was terrible !

the farecla g3 stuff in a tube is supposed to be brilliant but never used it .i may get a tube and see if i can get some of my scratches out saying that .

I think Opie oils sell some of that stuff. Let me know if you give it a try.

Edit : http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-97739-farecla-g3-scratch-remover-step-2-of-4-150ml-paste.aspx?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=GoogleBase_ProductsFeed&utm_content=97739&gclid=CKSzvuLXqrsCFUh72wod6AQAXw

same problem !!! i got a ready mix touch up pen from mr.T in 210 carbon / storm blue..... tried it on an inconspicuous area and the colour match was terrible !

You'd think that would give the best results. I'll give that one a miss then.

Edited by sheepy

you think thats bad you ought to see one side of my paintwork , looks like someones either got black humbrol paint or wrong colour thinking storm blue was black ... nothing i can do about it unfortunately :(

you think thats bad you ought to see one side of my paintwork , looks like someones either got black humbrol paint or wrong colour thinking storm blue was black ... nothing i can do about it unfortunately :(

I'm sorry to say but that actually made me laugh out loud! Not at your misfortune of course, but the idiocy that someone thought the paint was black. I think the trouble is with the metal flake being hard to achieve in a touch up kit. I know that paints for you do a touch up kit in Carbon Blue 210, but it's listed as black, I've got no idea of the match, but their aerosol of the same colour is pretty good.

This is their reference code: 20637337

http://www.paints4u.com/AutoColours.aspx?ProductID=5260

I'm sorry to say but that actually made me laugh out loud! Not at your misfortune of course, but the idiocy that someone thought the paint was black. I think the trouble is with the metal flake being hard to achieve in a touch up kit. I know that paints for you do a touch up kit in Carbon Blue 210, but it's listed as black, I've got no idea of the match, but their aerosol of the same colour is pretty good.

yeah believe it james a previous owner has done that not me as i know all about polishing a car obviously the previous owners didnt grrr...

just see if any one is breaking a storm blue celica easier to just buy the whole mirror if same color?

I'll keep an eye out, I haven't seen many storm blue's being broken lately. This will be the easiest option cheers.

I have the Chipex kit for my Storm Blue T-Sport, good colour match.

I think I'll something like this for the time being. Can't hurt until I get a new mirror it'll be good to have a spare lying around

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.