Pre-filter cone covers?

Guest Ambermile

I think the idea is that if your intake cone is really close to the ground it will help prevent water getting sucked up. From what I've heard they do a reasonable job. I personally would not chance it and just revert back to stock airbox or a short ram.

When it rains a plenty we get quiet a bit of standing water around here, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Guest Ambermile

OK, just that around here we get *serious* farm dust and road crap, worse in summer as I said but after a few dry winter days it's almost as bad - if not worse as frsts brak up the debris to smaller stuff. My filter is not in the cold air position so reasonably well protected from water and stuff, I was more sort of asking what effect on performance to be honest. Seems like little to none?

I think they run similar things on rally cars so guessing very little impact on overall performance. Let's be honest, a cai does very little for performance anyway so this won't matter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.