Paint protection film

Owain

There used to be a firm called 'Paintshield' set up by one of the very original members. Think they're still trading. Their original start was based on a Gen7 so they might have what you need.

Is this the firm HERE ?

The Xpel Ultimate seems really good but was interested to see if anyone had had anything similar on their car.

Just been quoted £300 by THIS company for just the full bonnet.

Expensive bit of kit, it seems.

Paintshield quoted me:

Standard kit: Bumper, part bonnet (wrapped edges), part wings (inner edges wrapped) wing mirrors: £585.00 + vat

Full Front kit: Bumper, full bonnet (wrapped edges), full wings (inner edges wrapped), wing mirrors: £1300.00 + vat

Mine had a full front Paint shield wrap 4years ago,i think it cost the previous owner £600,its guaranteed for 4 years but it's only done around 12,0000miles since it was done,still looks like it was only applied recently

Mine had a full front Paint shield wrap 4years ago,i think it cost the previous owner £600,its guaranteed for 4 years but it's only done around 12,0000miles since it was done,still looks like it was only applied recently

Is the paintshield at all noticeable, can you see any difference in the colour of the front from the rest of the car?

• 2 weeks later...

Is the paintshield at all noticeable, can you see any difference in the colour of the front from the rest of the car?

The only noticeable difference are on the edges,there is a very fine line of around 2mm. Other then that if it is properly applied you won't know it's there,just be careful when washing, never use a polish but waxing is fine.If it starts to discolour after a few years then you can have it treated to bring it back to its original condition.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.