7443 Bulb Hmmmmm..

Well, found out last night thanks to my mate that my passenger brake light is out. No problem I thought ill pop to halfords pick a bulb up happy days. Flip chart recommends a 380, me being non the wiser gets home pulls the bulb out and bang a 7443. I can only assume the 380 was for the pre facelift rear clusters.

No problem I thought I'll check on the halfords website to see if they have any available, could I find one. NOPE!! Then I thought.

No problems I'll give them a call, when I explained the situation the girl had no idea a 7443 bulb existed and explained that numbers like 501, H3 etccc are sometimes related to the brands that make them...... Okkkkkkkk at that point I felt like the conversation was not worth continuing hahaha xD

So it looks like I might have to resort to trusty eBay. However my question is it worth going for a multiple l.ed bulb or just sticking with a normal one. I've seen brake lights before with l.ed and as long as there multi directionally spread around the bulb they seem much brighter and also respond quicker. Has anyone fitted any or can recommend a good quality bulb :)

Many thanks

Rich

Firstly, find yourself a local car spares place. Not halfords, I wouldn't trust a bike they assembled, their knowledge is not amazing and how they can be allowed to offer to fit things is beyond me.

Secondly, your question appears to be about the bulb? I have no idea and as its not gen 7 specific I'll move it to general and a wider audience :)

Guest Ambermile

Yup, like the 7440 (which is single filament) - the 380W is similar, as is R580. Maybe you missed the W designation in the list?

Edited by Ambermile

Guest Ambermile

Ebay 380W... it's just another way of saying 7443, because some sellers will list he 7440 and 7443 as the same but the 7440 is the rear indicator bulb. (You learn a lot about them when you convert the car to all LED!)

Edited by Ambermile

The brake lights in the facelift gen7 lights are dual use bulbs so you need a 5/20 (I think it's 20, may be 24 or something) I think it is, the lower number runs the rear lights when you turn them on and the higher is your brake....

Its not stated but I'm assuming you are talking about gen7 rear lights

Edited by Mek

I know, im saying I wouldnt go in specifically looking for the bulb number....take the old one out, take it in with you and compare it to the bulbs on the shelf. The flip chart in halfords is crap and not all the bulbs correspond to the actual one you need and the staff are next to useless

Edited by Mek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.